The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

364 miles - 1 tank - Keydiver Chip, stock fpr, 750cc, walbro

sleepyvr4

Mixed driving (3/4 highway) in a 92 awd laser. Weighed it the other day (it is a street legal car - F+R seating still - basic chassis diet, almost everything eliminated from engine bay...) - it weighs 2620 without me in it, so it is pretty light. I ripped on it a few times over the last week. I even took time to drift around my neighborhood this morning and at the parking lots at work today on that tank. Hacked 2G maf, walbro HP rewired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pretty impressed by that - I was not expecting anything decent with stock FPR. I had an aeromotive on my Galant and never saw mileage over 300/tank. That was with Gm maf in blow through. Similar parts...

Gotta give props to Keydiver (Jeff) and stage 3 chip Clicky clicky

When you have a decent tune it doesnt matter what size injectors/fuel pump. fpr you have. It's all in the tune.

sleepyvr4

I was simply expecting less from stock fpr. And most people here would argue if you don't have an adjustable fpr you have a shitty tune - regardless of the circumstances lol...

The car is basically tuned so it doesn't knock, no more no less. Keydiver chip set 11:1 air/fuel and I'm use 93 octane. Safc with wideband and it is still a bit rich, but that may be from base settings in safc idunno. Added a bit of fuel here and there, nothing extravagant except at idle.

Wish I could try for 400 on this tank, but the snow is toooooo much fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Barnes

Miles is a bit of a meaningless number for many folks. How bout you list the MPG?

solidviper89

Ive never really checked but I think I get more, around 400 mixed miles. When I drove down home for thanksgiving I used up a little less than half a tank on a 250 mile drive, but the last half tank always wastes a bunch faster; and I got to drive around all weekend(about 130miles, spread on 5 days) till I left on Sunday, even then I had a little gas left (little less than a quart or so).

Polish

How many gallons did it take to fill it up?

17 Gallons would be 21.4 mpg
16 Gallons would be 22.7 mpg
15 Gallons would be 24.6 mpg
14 Gallons would be 26.0 mpg

rgeier11

I never get over 260. And my car is completely stock.

atc250r

Staff member
I wouldn't call it a shitty tune, you have tuned around the stock FPR being over run but that doesn't mean its the ideal or most "professional" way to do it. Good to hear you got the car sorted out.

John

004tsi

well whats a stock dsm tank hold.... I don't think its over 13 gallons and i doubt he installed a bigger tank to reduce weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned