The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2.4 Broken crank symptoms?

1941Galant

Well, the cam journals are fine, so I have no idea what the hell is going on with this. I may pull the head off the car this week to have a look at the pistons, but most likely it will be going back together, and if it continues to make the noise I will put the car away for the winter and swap in the new shortblock.

Just thought some of you MAY get a kick out of this.

The MAP FDSM rx7 runs a stock 4g64 crank. They are a local shop.

click

1941Galant

Well guys, it turns out I am a complete idiot. I tore down the engine and put new bearings in, pulled the trans to check the flywheel, and checked all of the motor mounts, and when I started it up the noise was still there. It turns out the nut holding the alternator pulley on was hitting the frame (it is relocated to the back), so it will hopefully be an easy fix with a slightly shorter belt.

BoostedAWD91

im sure there was alot of this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif when you figured that out
well glad you finially figured it out Hill and its a cheap easy fix

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned