The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HID Conversion

Armitage

I just converted the Galant over to HIDs. Never really planned on doing this but a great deal came along on another forum I'm on and I figured I'd give it a try. The seller is happy to extend the coupon to this forum as well so I'm posting the code if anyone else is interested. I'm not affiliated in any way with the seller or the product, but I am happy with the results and the price so I thought I'd share.

DSC00646.sized.jpg

More info including pics of the product and samples of each temperature/color are here along with the original post:

click

Quote:

Xenon HID Conversion Kit special offer @ $60 Shipped for rx7club.com members.

Use Coupon code : fspecial-m to receive $15.00 off on your complete HID Conversion Kit purchase.

Or Coupon code: tenpercentoff-m to receive 10% off all other accessories.

For technical support either PM me or call me at 860-821-8212 ask for Michelle (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PST)

Our HID conversion kits comes with 2x Digital Ballasts, 2 x HID bulbs, 2 Wire harness, 2 Double adhesive pads, and Wire ties.

TWO YEARS WARRANTY!!

Waterproof!!

$60 per kit only applies to single beam headlights. Single beam bulb size is:

H1
H3
H7
H8
H10 = 9145, 9140
H11
880, 881, 893, 899

$60 for dual beam (Regular HI/LO - Low beam HID, High beam Halogen)

$90 for dual beam HID (Bi-Xenon)

Dual beam bulb size:

H4 = 9003
H13 = 9008

Color temperature are offered in:

3000K (Lumen output - 4000 lm) - Golden yellow

5000K (Lumen output - 3250 lm) - White with yellowish tint

6000K (Lumen output - 3000 lm) - Diamond white

8000K (Lumen output - 2800 lm) - White with blue tint

10000K (Lumen output - 2600 lm) - Blue

12000K (Lumen output - 2400 lm) - Deep Blue

Regular shipping (3~4 days) and sales tax INCLUDED!

www.HIDEXTRA.COM

Coupon code: "fspecial-m" ($15.00 off per HID kit)

Coupon code: “tenpercentoff-m” (10% off – bulbs, ballasts, relay)

Use the above coupon code when checking out to receive the special offer I'm offering to all Dodgeforum.com members.

Please note, the coupon code is only valid for one HID kit per transaction. For 2 HID kit orders you'll require to process each HID kit as a single order in order to receive discount on all orders.

HIDExtra.com Tel: +1.860.821.8212 or [email protected]

boostedinaz

I did this in my 93 headlights when I had my Galant. While not perfect since it's not a true retrofit it worked very well.

Armitage

I didn't change the housings at all, just swapped bulbs and installed ballasts. Surprisingly they seem to aim just fine and cast a pretty decent pattern on the road in front. If they didn't work well I wouldn't have been too broken up about it for the price though.

GolfBall

yeah for that price it deff seems worth giving it a try....

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I'm curious to know how many oncoming drivers will flash their lights at you.
Your cut off doesn't look sharp at all and it looks like you'll blind oncoming drivers and annoy the ones you're following.
A good hid setup will have a very sharp cut off point and this can be achieved by using a projector setup.
This pic shows a decent hid cut off point without any hot spots like in your setup.

sag1441

i dont really mind glare from peoples hids but there are a lot of suvs around me that have them which is annoying. but i dont have much room to talk i rock them in my bike and piss people off all the time

boostedinaz

I only had 1 person flash me in the 2 year I had HIDs in my 93 headlights. Given the amount fo lifted trucks and big SUV with HIDs or even halogen bulbs you are always going have some light in your eyes.

I would agree that doing a retrofit is the best option but it's not 100% necessary.

atc250r

Staff member
I had them in my 1993 housings for a couple of years and never got flashed. I have them in my truck and in that I have gotten flashed a couple of times. I keep the ones in my truck aimed low to help avoid blinding on coming traffic. The lenses in the 2nd gen Dodge pickups are horrible and the clear replacements I put in weren't much better. I had no choice but to put the HID's in so I could see where the hell I was going.

John

4Grim

I have HID's with my 93 headlights...had no one flash me on the opposite side of traffic. I aimed just a tad bit lower though. It helps to aim your headlights properly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts