The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need the pinout diagram of OBD1 plug

mko

Yes, please I need to know what signals go to the back of the 1g Eclipse/Galant OBD1 plug.

Thanks

0obd1.jpg

Last edited:

mko

Thanks you for the link, great info right there, but I still dont see a OBD1 plug pinout.

brisvr4

What exactly are you looking for with it?

As Bris said, it would help to know exactly what you are looking for. I posted this a while back, which shows that pin #12 is GROUND, and pins 1 & 10 are used for ECU communications. Whenever you ground pin #10 you are actually putting all the computers in diagnostic mode, including the ABS, cruise, ECU, and TCU if its an A/T car.
click

mko

Ok, I have that OBD1.5 on my Galant. It has OBD2 plug and OBD1 plug, but all wires go the the back of the OBD2 plug and only one wire goes to the OBD1 plug. Also, all my error codes are OBD1 and the only way to read them is by counting the flashes of the CEL, but I need to be able to plug a logger when tuning the car. What iM trying to do is to get an OBD1 plug and run the wires straight to the ECU and make it work for logging. Thats why I need the know what wires go to the back of the OBD1 plug, so I can run independent wires from the ECU.

Thanks

OK, what kind of car is this? It is OBVIOUSLY NOT a 1991/92 Galant VR-4, which is what this Forum is all about. Have you tried the latest version of EVOSCAN? It supports almost any 1994+ Mitsubishi's. I stock the cable and software for $50. The latest v2.5/2.6 even does the weird hybrid protocol for the 2G DSM's, and probably the 2G 3000GT/Stealth as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned