The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pulsating /dancing lights

maxash0775

Hello all. Need help. As of lately, my cabin and door light started pulsating. Now my head lights are doing it to a degree. I thought it might be a bad battery or alternator. I swapped the battery for a new one ( it was free that's why I did it) but the pulsating is still there. Could it be my alternator? Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks

mitsuturbo

Voltage regulator in the alternator is probably about to sh*t the bed. Alternator probably needs to be replaced.

Check for any leaks at the PS pump before you replace the alternator. If there's a leak, save yourself some headache later, and fix it at the same time.

rdomeck

A volt meter would help you here......But yes your alternator may be on its last leg.

jepherz

Staff member
Before going through the trouble of replacing your alternator, do yourself a favor and make sure ALL grounds are solid and clean.

misterfixit

This. /|\

GROUNDS!!!

There is only one onto the body off the battery cable. Do that one. It should be tapped out (shiny) and load it with anti sieze.

been there and had the same.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned