I searched the archives and below is a summary of all info found. Please note the questions following some of the items. Please comment on the preferred set to use at each of the specified locations. It would be great to hear from the experienced members who installed these, and especially those who tried more than one type of aftermarket bushings at any given location and have a strong opinion on which type fits/performs better.
For each set of bushings, please include the part #, price and retailer from whom you purchased them.
As to the format of this thread, I will continue to edit this post as you provide your comments 'til a concensus, or boredom :-) is reached. TIA!
1) Front Lower Control Arm Front Bushing ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 1437K $45; Noltec also makes them; does Energy Suspension make them (if so how do they compare to the Noltec or Whitelines)?
2) Front Lower Control Arm Rear Bushing (FLCARB) ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Noltec N52419 bushings (see my response below regarding Oztek's comments about caster adjustability); Energy Suspension makes a set; how do either compare to any of the 5 Whitelines options listed below?)
FLCARB ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 1313K $28, no caster change
FLCARB ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 1314K $28, increases passenger side caster (by how much?)
FLCARB ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 1315K $28, increases p. side & decreases d. side (by how much?)
FLCARB ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 1315aK $28, increases both p. side & d. side (by how much?)
Note: Whiteline also makes KCA321 $40 (Caster Adjustable) and gives you +/- 1 deg adjustment; RvlutionMtrsport notes that KCA321 is the best selling/most ordered among the FLCARB options from Whiteline; how does this compare to any of the above Whiteline options?
3) Front Sway Bar to Chassis Bushing ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Noltec does not make them (will get clarification on this?); Whiteline SPF 1343-xxK $8 (where xx = sway bar diameter in mm's)
4) POLYGRAPHITEÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Performance Front End Kits ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ $199 from http://www.p-s-t.com/sport/sifekpg.html; kit iuncludes the following:
2 Lower Ball Joints
2 Upper Ball Joints (if required)
2 Outer Tie Rod Ends
2 or 4 POLYGRAPHITEÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Lower Control Arm Bushings
4 POLYGRAPHITEÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Upper Control Arm Bushings (if required)
2 POLYGRAPHITEÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Stabilizer Links (most models)
2 POLYGRAPHITEÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Sway Bar Bushings (most models)
The following are not bushings but thought IÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢d include them as well:
1) Upper Strut Mounts/Camber Plates - Hot Bits, Tein, Noltec, or other; skivittlerkimb says that the Hot Bits have been the best single mod he has done and has only been able to get -2.0 degrees out of them (he would prefer to see -2.5 degrees of camber); ken inn elected not to use Noltec front upper strut mounts (the studs are "6mm and the holes in the car are 8mm, so they flopped around... the alignment would change" (sleeves may help); see Oztek's reply below indicating that this may have been due to a batch/manufacturing defect.
2) Camber Bolt Kit ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ front (KCA412) $65 shipped; Ingalls FastCam Bolt (+/- 1 or 2 degree options) where skivittlerkimb indicates they seem to work okay, but he really couldn't get more than -.5 degree of camber
3) Front steering tie rod ends - consider using the beefier but compatible Montero units and the associated spherical and other 4x4 bushings made for Monteros.
Consider finding a DSM rear subframe/control arms combo that is in nice shape and clean, grease and/or replace parts as needed and use that as a foundation for your rear suspension.
1) Rear Control Arm Upper Bushing ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Noltec makes a direct replacement with no camber adjustability, use Whiteline KCA365 $60 (Camber Adjustable) give you +/- 1 degree adjustment (although Oztek and others have gotten up to +/- 3 degrees); Energy Suspension also makes them (how do these compare to the Whitelines?)
2) Rear Hub, Front Bushing of Lower Rear Trailing Arm ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 1439K $45; are there better options from Noltec, Energy Susp., or other make?
3) Rear Lower Inner Control Arm Bushing ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 1438K $40; are there better options from Noltec, Energy Susp., or other make?
4) Upper Rear Control Arm Inner Bushing ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 2031K $50; Energy Suspension also makes them (how do these compare to the Whitelines?)
5) Rear Crossmember Bushings (these could be the same as 6 below) ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Noltec creaks (see below and Oztek's response regarding the potential need to shim and the requirement to press these in); Whiteline does not make one; any other options besides stock?; as an FYI ken inn points out that you cannot buy crossmember bushings separately and must be ordered as part of a complete cossmember assembly (check to be sure if this is worth it); does Energy Suspension make these (if these are in fact the same as 6 below, then ES does make them)?
6) Subframe bushings ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ apparently these may be the same as the rear crossmember bushings described above, which could explain why the descriptions for each are similar (will remove/update when definitive info is avail); Whiteline does not make one, Noltec's has to be shimmed to fit right; requires several thin metal shims along the depth of the housing and is slid into place as the bushing is pressed in (have a local machine shop make up the shims and press the bushing in place); Energy Suspension also makes them (how do these compare to the Whitelines?)
7) POLYGRAPHITEÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Rear Bushing Sets - $40 from http://www.p-s-t.com/sport/sifekpg.html; anyone know what is included in this set?
8) Mustache Brace Bushing ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ does Noltec make them?; any other options besides stock?
9) Rear Sway Bar to Chassis Bushing ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Whiteline SPF 1344-xxK $10 (where xx = sway bar diameter in mm's)
As was done with the fronts above, the following are not bushings but are included in this discussion:
1) KYB Strut & Shock Mount ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ rear hardware kit only and contains washers and bushings
2) Ingalls SmartArm Link - $97 Camber adjust -2.0Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â° to +3.0Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â° Rear (left only?) fitment Rubber bushings. Includes Ball Joint; $67 Rear Right Fitment, Camber adjust -2.0Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â° to +3.0Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â° Rubber bushings.
3) Active toe eliminator kit from Larry Parker - are these for the front or rear?; anyone with experience using these?
4) Adjustable rear control arms - the AFCO or Andre's chromoly units; please detail your experience with these?
CREDITS (Related threads):