GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » Any one got an V3 ECMLink cable?
Previous thread Next thread

Any one got an V3 ECMLink cable?

mk2davis
398/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1250441 posted 02/18/21 06:15 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
The following was cut and pasted from my posts on the ecmtuning forums. If someone has an idea of what to look at, that would be awesome. If you have a ecmlink cable that I can borrow, that would be equally as awesome!

It's been a frustrating day.

I was rechecking the ISC and TPS settings, and ECMLink was working just fine. Closed the hood went to reconnect to Link and "No Response Received". After messing with it for a couple of hours, I uninstalled and reinstalled Link, and it worked. Kinda. It lost connection again mid stream.

So here is what I know:
ECU works.
The car starts and drives.
Stock boost gauge goes to the middle, and CEL illuminates and then goes away.
Pin 12 at the diagnostic port is grounded.
Pin 1 to Pin 1 at ECU has connectivity.
Pin 10 to Pin 2 at ECU has connectivity.

I was setting BISS when it went sideways, so maybe I left the diagnostic box checked under MISC and that's the issue?

When it tries to connect, I see two pulses on the green light on cable.

Sometimes it would start to connect, and then fail with the same message. This seemed to happen when the car was running.

I'm trying to get ahold of a known good cable. Because it is so sporadic, I'm guessing it's wiring, either car or cable.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 156 | From: Ventura, CA | Member Since: 03/01/15 | IP: (47.148.38.200) | Report this post to a Moderator

yubh8tn
1384/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1250442 posted 02/18/21 09:04 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I have a brand-new in box cable that hasn't been used sitting somewhere, if I sent it out tomorrow do you think I could have it back in my hands within like 3 weeks?

Belize Green 1384/2000
1998 Integra

Posts: 75 | From: coeur d alene, idaho | Member Since: 08/21/19 | IP: (66.222.63.21) | Report this post to a Moderator

mk2davis
398/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1250443 posted 02/19/21 01:58 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
You are bound and determined to help me out, aren't you? Three weeks wont be a problem.

I read a previous post on another forum stating some older V3 cables develop a short in the little box that houses the led. If you squeeze the middle of the larger sides away from the led light, then it works. And it does! So I know it's the cable.

I sent an email to ECMTuning to find out how to get a working cable of my very own.

Yubh8tn, PM sent.

Posts: 156 | From: Ventura, CA | Member Since: 03/01/15 | IP: (47.148.38.200) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 121

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page