The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Any one got an V3 ECMLink cable?

mk2davis

The following was cut and pasted from my posts on the ecmtuning forums. If someone has an idea of what to look at, that would be awesome. If you have a ecmlink cable that I can borrow, that would be equally as awesome!

It's been a frustrating day.

I was rechecking the ISC and TPS settings, and ECMLink was working just fine. Closed the hood went to reconnect to Link and "No Response Received". After messing with it for a couple of hours, I uninstalled and reinstalled Link, and it worked. Kinda. It lost connection again mid stream.

So here is what I know:
ECU works.
The car starts and drives.
Stock boost gauge goes to the middle, and CEL illuminates and then goes away.
Pin 12 at the diagnostic port is grounded.
Pin 1 to Pin 1 at ECU has connectivity.
Pin 10 to Pin 2 at ECU has connectivity.

I was setting BISS when it went sideways, so maybe I left the diagnostic box checked under MISC and that's the issue?

When it tries to connect, I see two pulses on the green light on cable.

Sometimes it would start to connect, and then fail with the same message. This seemed to happen when the car was running.

I'm trying to get ahold of a known good cable. Because it is so sporadic, I'm guessing it's wiring, either car or cable.

Thanks in advance.

yubh8tn

I have a brand-new in box cable that hasn't been used sitting somewhere, if I sent it out tomorrow do you think I could have it back in my hands within like 3 weeks?

mk2davis

You are bound and determined to help me out, aren't you? Three weeks wont be a problem.

I read a previous post on another forum stating some older V3 cables develop a short in the little box that houses the led. If you squeeze the middle of the larger sides away from the led light, then it works. And it does! So I know it's the cable.

I sent an email to ECMTuning to find out how to get a working cable of my very own.

Yubh8tn, PM sent.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts