GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » Legnum Super VR-4 electrical issues
Previous thread Next thread

Legnum Super VR-4 electrical issues

Knightmayre

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1247134 posted 09/05/19 06:51 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I have a 97 Legnum Super VR-4 with some issues that I need some assistance with.

Issues started when a new head unit was installed and my auto oil temp (Defi) failed, but would work when the lights were on.
She also had a Billion VFC-MAX Water temp & fan controller.
While I was working out the issue with the Defi the Billion gauge spat out all of its magic smoke.
There is a Yellow wire on the Billion which is an Earth, not a 12v supply.

Now things went from bad to worse, extremely difficult to start 1st thing and the electric fans kick in on high instantly.
Once she has warmed up a little then things are fine (ish). Turbo timer doesn't work anymore either.

When it went on the scan tool, the coolant temp sender is showing up as -59C which to me means it's open circuit.

Help #1: Where on earth did Mitsubishi hide the ECU - I thought it was on the passenger side footwell (Mine is a RHD JDM version) but couldn't find it. I did search the forums.
I need to find Connector 4, pin 13.

Help #2: Where is the coolant sensor located? I did find this lonely sensor but cannot find a connector to go on it....

Help #3: I'll also need to know how the fans are wired up - am used to Sender -> ECU -> Fans.

Basically I just want to rip all the Billion wiring out and get the fans back to normal.

Finally, once the car has started, in 50 seconds the CEL and TCL idiot lights come up simultaneously.
Pulled the codes with a safety pin gave me :

I jumpered pins 1 and 4 and this is what I got:

TCL:...

12 FL wheel speed sensors (or a short break)

13 RR wheel speed sensors (or a short break)

21 FR wheel speed sensor system

CEL:...

12 Air Flow Sensor System

13 Inlet temperature Sensor System

21 Temperature Sensor System

They shaved the beards of our mothers with razors made of bronze,
They stole all our good LPs and ate all the potato scones.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

Posts: 1 | From: Gladstone Park, VIC 3043 Austr... | Member Since: 09/05/19 | IP: (175.34.188.116) | Report this post to a Moderator

iceman69510 Galant VR4.org Moderator
Turn Right Racing
855/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1247138 posted 09/06/19 11:18 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Welllll, not the right VR4 to get expert help on the particulars here, but I think it is a good idea to remove the extra wiring first. You need to get yourself a wiring diagram for the car.

Last question- is the battery fully charged? Low voltage can make sensors do weird things.

91 VR4 855 Nile Black
92 VR4 828 Belize Green-SOLD
91 VR4 115 Nile Black -SOLD

Posts: 10724 | From: Michigan | Member Since: 03/05/01 | IP: (205.144.100.200) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 283

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.237 seconds in which 0.222 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page