The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Window Tint, General Question

nemovr4

Just wondering how much everyone paid for their window tinting?

Also what % did you get??
I know I'm getting %30 all around, just want to know what eveyone else had and approximately
how much you paid.

-Chris

raptorWagon

On my wagon which has 9 windows not including the windshield, I got 15% on the doors and 5% around the trunk and paid $290.

ktmrider

Nemo you really need to ask CO and even local Denverites this question. Laws vary by state and even city sometimes, 5% is illegal most places.

nemovr4

I have got quotes from a few shops around denver. With prices ranging from $100 all the way up to $300.
I was just curious what some of the other folks on here had paid and how dark.
Legally in Colorado a VLT percentage of 27 is as dark as you can go all the way around.

MellowVR4

Here wisconsin the legal shade is 50% on the two front doors and 35% on the back ones. That is is its a four door. i usually never pay no more then 150, sometimes even cheaper then that depending on the car. When i do get the tint done to any of my cars, i put 35% up front and rear doors, and 20% on the rear windshield. im tired of getting pulled over for tints.

nemovr4

Yeah, we can go 27 here but I am going to go somewhere between 30 and 35. I know a lot of people
that get hassled at local meets.

5OF2k

I've got 5% all around on mine, never been bothered. I think it has something to do with how unassuming the car looks though. If I were in a Honda, I'd be hassled ALL the time, Im sure.

Check Craigslist man, that's the best place to find deals. You should be able to find someone willing to tint the car for you for around $150 with materials. I used to have a plug on tint down here, but not anymore. Lost his info....

Hope tha helps man!

-Jake

nemovr4

Yeah most of them are Sti's and Honda's...bright colors and stickers...the works haha.
I didn't think of craigslist but I will look into that, just don't want to get it done with some shitty film...

5OF2k

Best film to get is 3M man, and honestly you can find that prettymuch anywhere. If anything, head into a tint shop and buy a roll of the shade you want.

nemovr4

Just buy the amount/shade I need and have an installer come out for me?
If that will save some mula it is deffinatly worth looking into!
As usual thanks for the info!

5OF2k

eh, yea if you can. You might have to buy a whole roll, but its usually pretty cheap.

No prob Chris!

-Jake

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned