The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which would you choose? (Now with Pics!)

cheekychimp

This one is essentially stock!

And this one lightly modified

Both are about the same price and in their own way equally tempting. I'm just not sure if I want to give up the ultra reliable Type R for another Jackstand Queen!

Just thinking that with a fresh coat of paint and some spares left over from the big build, I could make a nice 'stock' or almost stock daily driver like Jay's

Last edited:

misterfixit

if the stock one is pre '89.10 i'd go with the lightly modified one. do like the two tone though

Rich

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

second fo sho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

MitchooO

well as long as you knew the "slightly modded one" isnt getting ready to blow up, i think it looks like its in better shape from the pics.. and if their close to the same price, why buy the one without all the aftermarket parts on that you may buy in the future anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif just my opinion, but then again i dont like to buy stuff that someone i dont know put together, but you can always just go over everything

GIjoe

slightly modded, IMO.

steve

Is that some sort of anti-theft device on the steering wheel of the modded one?

cheekychimp

It's interesting to see that most of you favour the slightly modded one. I was looking at the pics and on the surface it seems the second car has: -

1) Samco Radiator hose(s);
2) Ralliart Strut brace (nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif);
3) Upper intercooler hardpipe;
4) Brembo brakes;
5) Rims (which I'm not sold on)
6) Recaro SR1s (which again I'm not sold on but might be attractive if they have the VR4 specific Recaro sliders)
7) Aftermarket radiator

I'm thinking that I'd want to change rims and seats. I already have a brand new Koyo radiator and strut braces (not as nice as the Ralliart but still). So now I'm thinking the modded car is only offering the hard pipe, some calipers/brackets and some hoses.

It is still worth thinking about but the other car looks cleaner under the hood and above all virgin. Prices on both cars have dropped and neither have moved in months. I'm going to go have a look at both. I've also got a JDM hood, bushings, an HKS manifold, some suspension and a fair few other bits that I could swap onto either if I wanted. I am not looking to boost power although a brand new oem EVO III 16G might find it's way into the equation with some new belts and fluids etc. I would be looking more at optimizing what was there stock by reducing restrictions and doing some cosmetic additions.

Basically if either car looks reasonably reliable I could buy either car for about $4200 USD and have about $10,000 USD left over to put in the bank after selling the Type R. With that $10,000 USD I could pay for some maintenance on the car, pay off my bike loan in full and still have about $4000-USD left over!!!

curtis

#2 modified but you knew what I was going to say.

Brunoboy

wait wait your in HK still? the first one is RHD and the second is LHD, you shipping it?

IMO.......If you have the extra time to go with the extra money, buy the unmolested one and do the mods yourself. Everybody has there own tastes on mods, and it looks to be, like you quoted, "a virgin". It's all a matter of ones opinion.

deez

Stock, I like the two tone, and the fact that its a virgin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Less chance of hack work.

maroonmetallic

Quoting brunoboy:
wait wait your in HK still? the first one is RHD and the second is LHD, you shipping it?

The windshield bottle is on the same side in both cars, how do you think one is LHD & one is RHD?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I say go w/ the "virgin" and Im guessing Kenny would too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Shawn

blacksheep

1) Please ship your Civic Type-R to me as a goodwill gift
2) Buy the 2nd one - 1st one looks fugly to me
3) Buy Jackstands

Also, what.the.f*** is up with the flava-flav license plate on the 1st one?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned