GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » General VR4 Discussions » Re: Which would you choose?
Previous thread Next thread

Re: Which would you choose?

Brunoboy
Jesus Clips
352/1000
556/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 873938 posted 02/13/10 11:25 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
WHOOO New Years!, Imma bout to get paid =P.lol
-Shane

556/1000 KG 8/10/13 .... Sold
352/1000 Summit White sold in 2011 and was totaled by new owner......
92 Eclipse Gsx R.I.P
96 Eclipse Gsx Sold

Posts: 2880 | From: San Bruno,CA Home of SFO | Member Since: 04/25/08 | IP: (74.51.159.219) | Report this post to a Moderator

unior
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 873996 posted 02/13/10 04:21 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quoting solidviper89:

Those cars are both good, might as well take the modded one, both are gonna break down.

| | | IP: (209.86.72.37) | Report this post to a Moderator

cheekychimp Galant VR4.org Moderator
Director of Housing and Urban Development, and carbon/kevlar balls

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 876201 posted 02/21/10 08:43 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Okay, went to see the first 'stock' car at the weekend. It has been sitting outside for a little while clearly and could do with a good clean up, but is otherwise in fair condition. As is often the case, and I really do not understand this, no effort has been made to tidy it up prior to viewing. A detail, a vacuum, a wash and wax and some new floor mats would transform this car.

Anyhow! The car is completely stock. NOTHING has been modified, deleted or added. No apparent rust anywhere except surface rust on the hood hinges and and exhaust manifold etc but needs to go on a lift to check the under body. It is a 1990.

Car is throwing a CEL which the seller claims is a dud oil sensor (doesn't know which) I presume that will be the stock idiot light sensor but I have doubts as the idiot sensor in my car is unscrewed and it just throws the idiot light not the CEL. Also has a leaking fuel filler hose but just the rubber U-bend (filler pipe is again rustless) so that is a cheap fix.

Only drove it around the parking lot, but idled, drove fine. Needs a road test to check brakes, clutch gears etc which I should be doing next week. And it cannot be registered until May.

Getting old sucks ... but it sure beats the alternative !!!

Posts: 7315 | From: East Sussex, U.K. | Member Since: 04/19/04 | IP: (116.48.215.207) | Report this post to a Moderator

cheekychimp Galant VR4.org Moderator
Director of Housing and Urban Development, and carbon/kevlar balls

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 878137 posted 02/28/10 03:44 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Well KC is going to hate me but I'm getting the stock one. Took it for a test drive at the weekend and I could not fault it on anything. It is as clean as a whistle save for the tiniest bits of surface rust at the hood hinges. Interior is spotless with just that familiar bulging of the centre console around the A/C unit. Drives perfect, idles like a dream!

I don't care if it is ugly at present. Cosmetically it won't stay stock for long but I have no plans for performance mods, I just want to keep it reliable.

Due to the new Environmental Protection laws, newly imported 6G VR4s can no longer be registered in Hong Kong until they are over 20 years old. So this car won't be eligible to be registered until around mid May. The seller is really cool though and says after I pay a deposit I can take the car and stick it in to have work done on it in the interim.

Car currently looks like this:-

Future mods are based purely on stuff I have lying around from the other build and don't want to waste: -

JDM Hood (hood will need a respray so I may respray bumpers and side claddings to match)
New Grille (probably Kevin's for this car)
5-lug swap and EVO 8 wheels in black

3KGT front brakes.
Momo wheel

KCs Hybrid Headlamps

GTS 32 rear wing like this one

Rear Window Sun Visor,
Rain guards on side windows
Hi amp alternator
Koyo Evo III radiator
Strut Braces
Refurbished JDM ECU

I might pull the ABS but I really am not sure on that yet.

I also want to black out the JDM Fogs, like these:-

Getting old sucks ... but it sure beats the alternative !!!

Edited by cheekychimp (02/28/10 04:38 AM)

Posts: 7315 | From: East Sussex, U.K. | Member Since: 04/19/04 | IP: (116.48.243.58) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1 | 2
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
1 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3438

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.097 seconds in which 0.075 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page