The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which would you choose? (Now with Pics!)

evo8ya

I'd say the first one. Start fresh and mod the car how you like (that's what I did). Sounds like you might be changing things on the second one anyway. I love the 2-tone paint. Both are hottness though. What the milage on them?

Last edited:

I would pick the white one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I think the first one is your best bet for a daily. Those recaros are nice but for everyday you would want more cushy and quiet I'd say. Actually my car has become a mix of all 3 lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

Quoting evo8ya:
I'd say the first one. Start fresh and mod the car how you like (that's what I did).

Hey were getting old we can't do this again. Apparently you know know who your talking to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Brunoboy

Quoting maroonmetallic:
Quoting brunoboy:
wait wait your in HK still? the first one is RHD and the second is LHD, you shipping it?

The windshield bottle is on the same side in both cars, how do you think one is LHD & one is RHD?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I say go w/ the "virgin" and Im guessing Kenny would too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Shawn

I didn't read it, I saw the first two carsthinking it was the same car and being compared to the white one.
-Shane

cheekychimp

Quick update, it is Chinese New Year here now so I guess I'll be waiting until next week to go have a look at these. Ken the guy who is working on my VR4 and Yiuwa who is on here both know the owner of the slightly modified car so I can probably get a good idea of what that is like from them first anyway. The other car is an unknown but I am pretty sure the owner is the guy from Hong Kong that many of you have seen selling parts on eBay. So it might be worth getting to know him as a parts source as well. The strange plate on the first car is a Trade Plate. I expect that means the car is currently not registered and will need an inspection. That means he either hasn't driven it for some time or he perhaps imported it.

Good call on the year issue Rich. I think whatever ECU is in it will stay as long as it works but options for the future are always good. I've sent him an email to ask about that and also to see if it is as stock as it looks. You mentioned side impact bars in your PM. Is there any way to check for that without removing the interior door panels?

Brunoboy

WHOOO New Years!, Imma bout to get paid =P.lol
-Shane

Quoting solidviper89:
Those cars are both good, might as well take the modded one, both are gonna break down.

cheekychimp

Okay, went to see the first 'stock' car at the weekend. It has been sitting outside for a little while clearly and could do with a good clean up, but is otherwise in fair condition. As is often the case, and I really do not understand this, no effort has been made to tidy it up prior to viewing. A detail, a vacuum, a wash and wax and some new floor mats would transform this car.

Anyhow! The car is completely stock. NOTHING has been modified, deleted or added. No apparent rust anywhere except surface rust on the hood hinges and and exhaust manifold etc but needs to go on a lift to check the under body. It is a 1990.

Car is throwing a CEL which the seller claims is a dud oil sensor (doesn't know which) I presume that will be the stock idiot light sensor but I have doubts as the idiot sensor in my car is unscrewed and it just throws the idiot light not the CEL. Also has a leaking fuel filler hose but just the rubber U-bend (filler pipe is again rustless) so that is a cheap fix.

Only drove it around the parking lot, but idled, drove fine. Needs a road test to check brakes, clutch gears etc which I should be doing next week. And it cannot be registered until May.

cheekychimp

Well KC is going to hate me but I'm getting the stock one. Took it for a test drive at the weekend and I could not fault it on anything. It is as clean as a whistle save for the tiniest bits of surface rust at the hood hinges. Interior is spotless with just that familiar bulging of the centre console around the A/C unit. Drives perfect, idles like a dream!

I don't care if it is ugly at present. Cosmetically it won't stay stock for long but I have no plans for performance mods, I just want to keep it reliable.

Due to the new Environmental Protection laws, newly imported 6G VR4s can no longer be registered in Hong Kong until they are over 20 years old. So this car won't be eligible to be registered until around mid May. The seller is really cool though and says after I pay a deposit I can take the car and stick it in to have work done on it in the interim.

Car currently looks like this:-

img.php

img.php

img.php

Future mods are based purely on stuff I have lying around from the other build and don't want to waste: -

JDM Hood (hood will need a respray so I may respray bumpers and side claddings to match)
New Grille (probably Kevin's for this car)
5-lug swap and EVO 8 wheels in black

img.php

3KGT front brakes.
Momo wheel

img.php

KCs Hybrid Headlamps

GTS 32 rear wing like this one

Rear Window Sun Visor,
Rain guards on side windows
Hi amp alternator
Koyo Evo III radiator
Strut Braces
Refurbished JDM ECU

I might pull the ABS but I really am not sure on that yet.

I also want to black out the JDM Fogs, like these:-

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts