The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM bumper brackets request

I recently scored a JDM front bumper, but it came without the L brackets to mount it up. If anyone has some to sell I'd be interested obviously, but if not I'd like to borrow a pair for couple of weeks to take off critical dimensions and make my own. I'll pay for shipping the pieces back and forth. PM or email me. Thanks.
Mike R.

atc250r

Staff member
PM sent about loaning you a set.

John

CP

I'm going to send him mine next week John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

strokin4dr

Make sure you post the measurements to help out others in your same situation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's a good suggestion. I will try to make some sketches or patterns and post them, eventually.
Mike R.

JSchleim18

I'm going to bump this back up as I will be sourcing a JDM bumper soon as well

Mike - Did you ever get those brackets made and/or got some dimensions made up?

Also, if someone does have an extra set they are looking to part with or let me borrow to make some dimensions up I'd greatly appreciate it...Jeremy

EDIT - I did find a how-to on it: Create your own However, I wanna do it where I don't have to do test fitting and then cutting, etc.

Last edited:

I do have a sketch and successfully made a pair from angle iron, over a year ago. They fit up but I have not yet installed the bumper. It is planned for this winter. I got your PM and will get back to you.
Mike R.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
If you cannot find the brackets and have a source from which to order JDM parts from, visit the thread I just posted JDM parts to:
click

Here is info on bumper brackets in 3 parts. Part 1 = original bracket photos. Part 2 = sketch with dimensions. Part 3 = homemade brackets.

Part 1:

Mike R.

Part 2:

This is one bracket. The other is a mirror image. Dimensions were made with a dial caliper but note that the parts are stampings with rounded edges.

Mike R.

Part 3:

Homemade brackets, from 2x2 angles x 1/8 inch thick, available from any Lowe's/Home Depot. Brackets cut on a bandsaw, holes drilled with handheld drill. They do fit though a couple holes needed slight adjustment.

Mike R.

JSchleim18

Awesome work Mike! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I'll be sure to use these when it's time to get the bumper on! Thanks Again

Mike, didnt you have a RRE fmic and you said it didnt fit behind the jdm front bumper even with trimming? Did you ever work that out with those?

That is why I did not get the JDM bumper on last winter. I picked up an ETS IC from another boardmember but did not have the time to redo the whole IC setup before race season started so I just stayed with the RRE and US bumper. It is still on the list of work to do this winter. My job is just monopolizing most of my time so this has just been on the back burner. I should be able to get it done this winter.
Mike R.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings