The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tein Camber plates

I was looking at misc stuff the other day and stumble across this. I have no idea if they are just a spot on the menu or if they actually have the plates in stock (as listed). I thought you guys might want to know. Especially since they are around $300 shipped.

Also they have "k sports" for much cheaper, but I know nothing about their quality.

Check it out.

I have no idea what section to put this in. I am not selling this nor am I affiliated in anyway with the company. But this seams like more than just "anything goes". Mods, move it if you think it should be moved.

G

Staff member
the fronts have always been available through tein dealers. the rear though are interesting.

I don't think K-Sport has rears strut tops available for the E39A/E38A chassis. Check their site:

Ksport application guide

The Ksport stuff is basically rebadged other manufacturer stuff. It's quality enough.

twkd

blacksheep

Check with AL pimpmeister Grabau. He got me a set of fronts and I sold them to Rob Yu (Gvr4-330) He can tell you if he can get the rears or not!

jcgalntvr4-244

So are these rear camber plates the correct ones? I want to get a set if they are.
JC

G

Staff member
no idea order them & let us know.

ercp98

the rear tein plates are two kind. the part number with 80 on it can be used just like the stock rear top mount. it is for 80mm ID springs, which is the stock ID of the gvr4 rear springs. so if you are using aftermarket spring, which will most likely be 60 mm ID, just be aware to order the tein rear camber plates with 60 in the part number. hope this make sense.

4Grim

Quote:
the rear tein plates are two kind. the part number with 80 on it can be used just like the stock rear top mount. it is for 80mm ID springs, which is the stock ID of the gvr4 rear springs. so if you are using aftermarket spring, which will most likely be 60 mm ID, just be aware to order the tein rear camber plates with 60 in the part number. hope this make sense.

So would coilover springs like Ground Control be considered "aftermarket" 60mm? I am looking into these.

Larry Parker

Hotbits has rears... and fronts too....

LP

I figured since I made the post, I would find out the info for you guys.

The plates are special order from Japan. It will take 2-3 months to get them. The price stays ~$300.

belize1334

Isn't "rear camber plates" a misnomer? Unless I'm mistaken the rear camber is controlled by the unequal length rear control arms and NOT by the position of the upper pillow mount the way it is on the front with the MacPherson strut design.

skivittlerjimb

Quote:
Hotbits has rears... and fronts too....

I'm ordering a set this week from Hot Bits. I'll post pictures when I get them. Sorry Al... I couldn't wait any longer for Teins; I've got a track event Labor Day weekend.

I'll post pics when I get them and when I get them installed. They offer street/track and rally flavors. I'm assuming the difference is "beefiness"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I ordered street/track.

They had a Galant set in stock when I first inquired the last week of July but they were sold while I was on vacay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Their rep. believes he can get a set together quickly though, as they just match the Galant-specific plates to the bearing holders. I'm looking forward to some more front end grip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jim B.
1432/2000

Last edited:

skivittlerjimb

Tein front camber plates

Hot Bits front camber plates

The bushing that's wired tied to these "goes between the top spring seat and the bottom of the bearing so that it will articulate" according to Peter at Hot Bits Canada.

By a sort of happy accident, I have both on the way to me (I hope). I'll sell the set I don't use, but before that I'll take some photos for comparison and adding to the knowledge base here. It may come down to which set works more cleanly with the Ground Control coilover set up I have now.

-Jim B.
1432/200

another option is KMAC strut tops. These are both castor and camber adjustable.

KMAC WEBSITE

i emailed them and got this reply:

Hi David

K-Mac top of strut Camber and Caster adjuster kit for
the Galant VR4 is available in 3 stages.

Stage 1. Road/Semi Race
Steel body with ball race bearing and urethane
bushing $380 pair incl GST

Stage 2. Road/Race
Aluminium with Pillow ball bearing and urethane
(replaceable centres) $475 pair

Stage 3. Full Race
Aluminium with Pillow ball $475 pair

Also manufacture uprated front Anti-Sway Bar $195
Rear $195

Coil springs (any height) $165 pair includes GST

Regards
Kevin

prices are in AU dollars

skivittlerjimb

Nice find. Any Aus or NZ members have experience with these? Caster and Camber adjustability together sounds great, if a bit unnecessary. Whiteline caster bushings did tighten up my steering noticeably but once they're in they're not "adjustable" unless you take the out and reinstall them.

I imagine if I was doing various forms of racing including rally, having that ability to adjust both caster and camber as needed in one adjustment procedure would prove very useful.

-Jim B.
1432/2000

Quote:
Tein dealers will not have the fronts in stock unless they're leftover. We go through this everytime. I had to wait more than 3 months for these.

Bimm,
I didn't want to drag you down the same road I have seen you go down so many times. Sorry.

The company called me back. They told me wrong on the phone. They indeed do have the fronts in stock. I have no idea how many. And I didn't believe them. So I ordered a set. They arrived today.

The rears are, as stated, on order from Japan.

I thought everyone would want to know.

skivittlerjimb

My Hot Bits camber plates showed up a couple of days ago and they look nice and beefy. I'm going to take a shot at installing them this weekend and then getting an alignment early next week. I'm shooting for 2.5 degrees negative and we'll see what that does for my track times in a couple of weeks.

The Hot Bits plates are pricier than Tein plates, but perhaps a bit easier to source? What is the "company" referenced in the post above?

Anyhoo, some web research on KMac seems to suggest they work well for a lot of BMW folks, but many question their quality. That jibes with what my friend with a Mini Cooper says that the Mini crowd thinks of them. I'd still like to hear from someone in Aus or NZ who's used them on a Galant, though. Options are good.

-Jim B.
1432/2000

turbowop

Quote:
I'm shooting for 2.5 degrees negative

I have my Tein plates adjusted to full negative camber, which put me at -2.0 degrees. Maybe the Hotbits plates will give you more, but I don't know.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts