The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anybody have experience with fiveomotorsport injectors?

I found a set of 1200cc Bosch ev14 injectors for Mitsubishi with plug n play adaptors on eBay from fiveomotorsport for a pretty good price. Does anybody know about these injectors? How they compare to the fic's?

prestonztt

I had some 1600cc injectors from Bosch and they were alright.

My main problem with them was starting the car in the morning and idling.

The car sometimes took forever to start and the idling was all over the place. I could never get the idle to stay consistent. But this was about 5 years ago so Bosch might have changed some things since then.

I have FIC 1600's and love them. The car starts right up and the idle is dead on.

you probably had the low impedence ones. The EV14's are the newer high impedence. Everything I've read about them is that they have a really good spray pattern for such a large injector which makes idle and crusing settings easier to tune.

grocery_getter

The old school Bosch 1600 is hard to get to idle because of erratic flow at the lower pulsewidth required to idle such a big injector. With my old school Bosch, I had to run about 30psi base fuel pressure and idle at 1250 to get a steady warm idle at only 1.7 msec pulsewidth. If I tried to lower PW any more than that, it'll get into an erratically lean/ rich idle cycle and the motor eventually stall. This is on pump gas.

The new ev14 Bosch injectors are the good ones.

Quoting prestonztt:
I had some 1600cc injectors from Bosch and they were alright.

My main problem with them was starting the car in the morning and idling.

The car sometimes took forever to start and the idling was all over the place. I could never get the idle to stay consistent. But this was about 5 years ago so Bosch might have changed some things since then.

I have FIC 1600's and love them. The car starts right up and the idle is dead on.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned