GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Re: Cruise Control INSTALL?
Previous thread Next thread

Re: Cruise Control INSTALL?

Ali_6306

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1155749 posted 01/13/14 08:22 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Hi Rich,

after months of waiting to have the original equipment in, I decided to go with Rostra 250-1223 universal (electric) cruise control module. Before ordering,I did the home work though, which helped and reducing the amount of effort. I was able to keep and use stock cruise control switch with complete functions. There are some issues with Rostra documentation though, which I will point out in the thread I am planning to initiate soon. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Posts: 27 | From: Lahore, Pakistan | Member Since: 08/15/11 | IP: (182.189.133.130) | Report this post to a Moderator

Ali_6306

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1155754 posted 01/13/14 09:39 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I might as well use current forum rather than initiating a new thread.

Problem with Rostra 250-1223 documentation:

1. Diagram on page 21 for 'Normally Open Control Switch' is incorrect. In my opinion "ON" and "OFF" markings should replace each other. Image 1:

Else it will contradict the Open Circuit Control Switch behavior depicted in a table on page 23. Image 2:

Note: above image is a depiction of Rostra Cruise control switch(es). Mitsubishi stock switch is a slight variation, however we can use above image to ascertain that Mitsubishi switch can be used as open circuit control switch with minor changes.

2. General Wiring Diagram on page 21 explains wire 1 (RED/BROWN) as being sourced from + brake. Where infact the diagram explains it to be connected to Brown Wire of the control switch. Brown wire of the control switch returns +12v when the control switch is in 'ON' position. Image 3:

I cannot confirm for Rostra control switch, but when using Mitsubishi stock control switch, it should be connected to wire which has +12V when the cruise control switch is in 'ON' position. (Blue-Orange wire in Mitsubishi wiring)

Posts: 27 | From: Lahore, Pakistan | Member Since: 08/15/11 | IP: (182.189.133.130) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1 | 2
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 12272

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.055 seconds in which 0.045 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page