The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cruise Control INSTALL?

misterfixit

Hi Ali,
Have had a look and here is some info for the Electric setup. This vin was from an E39A GTI I broke up for parts. It had the electric setup:

So thats the whole electric setup.

I don't have many pictures but that should get you in good stead.

Here is the VAC setup. It's not complete but I have this set here so hereare some pics for you:
Brain:

Switchgear:

Actuator/bracket/cable setup:

As I said before the LHD and RHD are the same apart from the cable to the firewall and the swichgear. You can convert a manual cable as long as you have the mixer end of the cruise setup.

Hope this helps,

Rich

Ali_6306

Thank you Rich! Its good that I have the part numbers for electric setup that you always prefer. Although couldn't find a seller on the first go but will continue searching for one. Let me know if you come across a seller.

Cheers mate!

misterfixit

haha.. yes I do prefer the electric setup.. But there is another reason for pushing it.

If your car is an '89 that'll be the wired system in it already. PM your vin and i can check it ref the model break.
But it goes like this. ->89.09 Electric.
89.10-> Vacuum.

It's more a case of whats in there already. You can fit either. Just the vac system will require wiring too.

Rich

misterfixit

Here you go:

It was built in the 1st week of November 1988.

Your car will be setup for the electric setup

Rich

Ali_6306

Hi Rich,

after months of waiting to have the original equipment in, I decided to go with Rostra 250-1223 universal (electric) cruise control module. Before ordering,I did the home work though, which helped and reducing the amount of effort. I was able to keep and use stock cruise control switch with complete functions. There are some issues with Rostra documentation though, which I will point out in the thread I am planning to initiate soon. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ali_6306

I might as well use current forum rather than initiating a new thread.

Problem with Rostra 250-1223 documentation:

1. Diagram on page 21 for 'Normally Open Control Switch' is incorrect. In my opinion "ON" and "OFF" markings should replace each other. Image 1:

Else it will contradict the Open Circuit Control Switch behavior depicted in a table on page 23. Image 2:

Note: above image is a depiction of Rostra Cruise control switch(es). Mitsubishi stock switch is a slight variation, however we can use above image to ascertain that Mitsubishi switch can be used as open circuit control switch with minor changes.

2. General Wiring Diagram on page 21 explains wire 1 (RED/BROWN) as being sourced from + brake. Where infact the diagram explains it to be connected to Brown Wire of the control switch. Brown wire of the control switch returns +12v when the control switch is in 'ON' position. Image 3:

I cannot confirm for Rostra control switch, but when using Mitsubishi stock control switch, it should be connected to wire which has +12V when the cruise control switch is in 'ON' position. (Blue-Orange wire in Mitsubishi wiring)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned