GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » tps question regarding datalog.
Previous thread Next thread

tps question regarding datalog.

RichHenry
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 946777 posted 11/05/10 08:31 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
ok so this is got me confused. i jsut got my pocketlogger up and running. and im going thru the setup and what not and i begin to logg at idle jsut to see what its all about. and i noticed something.... my TPS on my logger says im at 16.7% when i have no foot on the throttle. also it goes to 98.8 % when i floor it... yet my SAFC says im at 0% at idle and 100% floored... i am assuming my logger should show 0% as well.... any advice on why my afc is showing different and its pretty much a gimmi that i should adjust my tps..

| | | IP: (68.36.116.116) | Report this post to a Moderator

WaRrIoRs16
Member +
796/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 946882 posted 11/06/10 03:45 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
If your using the pocketlogger software from digital tuning, your tps should read 9-10% at idle and should go up smoothly to 100% at WOT Digital Tuning TPS parameter . I know the AFC and I think ECMlink does as well, show 0% when its closed, I don't know if they work off the idle switch or what though. I would first check that your throttle cable does not have too much tension on it keeping the throttle plate open since the tps is reading 16.7%. If you haven't alread, make sure there is nothing obstructing your gas pedal from going the full distance to the floor since you aren't reaching 100%. Then if that stuff is ok, I would check your Idle switch and see if it is screwed in too far causing the throttle to be open when it should be closed. If those things don't bring the tps down to 9 or 10%, then you might want to adjust your tps.

Also I have the MMCD software on my logger and it too reads 10.1% tps at idle.

Edited by WaRrIoRs16 (11/06/10 03:49 PM)

Posts: 371 | From: Ferndale, WA | Member Since: 03/23/08 | IP: (68.118.220.252) | Report this post to a Moderator

steve Galant VR4.org Administrator
Key Fob Guy

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 946893 posted 11/06/10 04:51 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Yeah you should be seeing about 9.8% with your foot off the pedal. And yes the SAFC "learns" the lowest voltage it sees, as 0%.

I know it's a foreign idea for most of us here, but you might want to try taking the car off jackstands.
-mitsuturbo

Posts: 18895 | From: NJ | Member Since: 09/11/03 | IP: (76.6.42.80) | Report this post to a Moderator

RichHenry
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 946917 posted 11/06/10 07:03 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
ok guys thanks. ill get into the details tomorrow. i appreciate it.

| | | IP: (68.36.116.116) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1687

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.089 seconds in which 0.074 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page