GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Crazy fuel problem
Previous thread Next thread

Crazy fuel problem

Jonvr4
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 926935 posted 08/31/10 10:50 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I have a new customer that has been having an issue with his car. The car has an intake wally 255hp, and an inline 255hp. It's running stock hard lines. The feedline is -6 from the fuel pump to the rail, and the feed is -6 to the AFPR and -4 from the AFPR to the stock hard line. The car was on the dyno for about an hour today, and was making pretty damn good power till it started loosing pressure. We pulled it off the dyno to diagnose the issue. Both pumps are turning on, but the intank pump is super hot. Not only is pump hot, the fuel in the tank was probably around 100*. Keep in mind this is E85!! I am thinking it's the pumps getting super hot due to them having to fight to get all that fuel back to the tank through the stock return line, which is pretty damn small.

Any thoughts on this predicament?

| | | IP: (67.177.238.248) | Report this post to a Moderator

TylerAdamson
circles method
934/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 926948 posted 08/31/10 11:50 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I'm a bit confused. You say he's running stock hard lines, but then you say he's got -6 feed and then -6 to the FPR and -4 to the return. Either way the stock return line is sufficient enough for 500+hp. I'd suggest getting rid of the -4 line though and replacing it with rubber 5/16'' fuel line.

As for your problem, have you checked the regulator? I've seen regulators fail from time to time so its not out of the question.

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD FP3565 Powered
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 934/1000

Posts: 1028 | From: Iowa City, Iowa | Member Since: 12/26/07 | IP: (173.21.35.66) | Report this post to a Moderator

Jonvr4
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 926951 posted 09/01/10 12:00 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Regulator was holding just fine till about 1 hour into the session. I am starting to think it's a chinese walbro. They have the same symptoms and it was changed about 3 weeks ago, about the time it started having these issues.

| | | IP: (67.177.238.248) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
1 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2774

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.059 seconds in which 0.049 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page