The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gasket question

GVR-4

Maybe not a technical question, but mods you can move it if you want. Who uses Permatex on the water pump gasket and who doesn't? How 'bout the front cover gasket too?

TIA

Last edited:

89Mirageman

I use a very thin coat on the water pump, just enough to cover it. I usually just put a small dab on it and spread it over the entire gasket, put it on the water pump and then repeat for the other side. I use copper spray on the front cover gasket and use a factory mitsubishi one, the ones in the after-market kits are junk IMO.

This is the way I do it and I've never had any issues, I'm sure others have different ways of doing it. This is what works for me.

GVR-4

Thanks for the response. BTW, I've seen your build on 4g61t.org. Very nice.

^ OEM gasket w/ copper spray FTW. Make sure you read permatex labels, some are not compatable w/ different fluids (synthetic comes to mind - turns some gasket makers into like a string-y mess)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned