The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BREAK LIGHT COMES ON

What are some of the reasons for the brake light on the dash to come on? Mine has started to come on and go off again just recently.

Barnes

My bet is your brake pads are almost worn out. As your brake pads wear, the caliper pistons are extended more and more. This uses up more brake fluid, therefore the level in your brake fluid reservoir drops. The light indicts this low level.

So check to see how worn your brake pads are. If they aren't worn, you might have a bad connection to the e-brake sensor.

ktmrider

^^ +1.
Also note for some reason I have seen/heard the Brake light coming on when the alternator is dying.

belize1334

+1. The brake light and battery light will both glow gently red when your alternator is on it's way out. If the brake-light periodically comes on strong but the battery light does nothing then your brake fluid is low. You can top it off but be aware that this is typically a symptom of warn brake pads.

all 4g63 powered vehicles have a BREAK light. its just means its time is near. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks guys. I figured it would be something like that. And I know with a 4g63 the BREAK is always just a piston stroke away.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned