The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help muti proplems!

Pfirst post hopefully the last.i got a 1988 vr4 galant 4g63 which had a blown head gasket with the head off at the time of buying..(unknowcause) ,new timeing.i havnt drivin it much as i lost my licene for a long time but for the time that i have been the engine nois(not exhaust )is lounder then my other one maby normal for running in but it craps out under load when boast comes on..and slower engine response as well..my mate says just let it run in and or check sparkplugs bt just seeing if ne one got some heads up ..im runnin no thermostat atm as well..bt cant effect it that much? and blows white smoke after 4000 revs or so (whenturbos in)mean blown seals eny help would be of grate help .cheers

i just know how to drive.. learing how to fix them now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

steve

Quoting desvr4:
Pfirst post hopefully the last.i got a 1988 vr4 galant 4g63 which had a blown head gasket with the head off at the time of buying..(unknowcause) ,new timeing.i havnt drivin it much as i lost my licene for a long time but for the time that i have been the engine nois(not exhaust )is lounder then my other one maby normal for running in but it craps out under load when boast comes on..and slower engine response as well..my mate says just let it run in and or check sparkplugs bt just seeing if ne one got some heads up ..im runnin no thermostat atm as well..bt cant effect it that much? and blows white smoke after 4000 revs or so (whenturbos in)mean blown seals eny help would be of grate help .cheers

i just know how to drive.. learing how to fix them now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wat?

Whoodoo

Quoting desvr4:

Translation: Me fail english? That's ondpossible!

Translastiones: My sTuffS aRe blO3d up! Plz give me a magic solution to make my car not suck, other than investing money/sweat/time.

Rausch

Quote:
the engine nois(not exhaust )is lounder then my other one maby normal for running in but it craps out under load when boast comes on..

There's your problem: Boast should never come on.

If you can put your concerns into something readable, we may be able to find you some direction.

mikus

Crapping out when the boast comes on is a common problem in racing circles. Younger owners and civics are most likely to have a boast leak.

I've never gone thermostat atm but that does sound proplematic.

DR1665

You know, I feel kinda sorry for this guy, so I took a couple minutes and read his post over and over again until I found myself actually able to understand him. I think this guy might be one of the 2% of Kiwis who don't speak English, so bear with me if I'm wrong. I'm just trying to help, here.

Quoting desvr4:
Pfirst post hopefully the last.

Greetings! This is my first post and, once I have realized the benefits of your shared wisdom and experience, I will hopefully be able to give you all the finger and admonish you to jog on.

Quoting desvr4:
i got a 1988 vr4 galant 4g63 which had a blown head gasket with the head off at the time of buying..(unknowcause) ,new timeing.

I have, in my possession, a 1988 Galant VR4 with the 4G63 engine. The cylinder head separated from the engine block at the time of purchase, I determined the head gasket must have failed for reasons science will never reveal. What time is it?

Quoting desvr4:
i havnt drivin it much as i lost my licene for a long time but for the time that i have been the engine nois(not exhaust )is lounder then my other one maby normal for running in

I haven't spent much time actually driving the car since I just bolted the head back up, as parliament has stripped me of my license for an indefinite period of time. Prior to being banned from the roadways, I couldn't help but notice the engine in this Galant is louder than my other one. [Comforting thought, right there.] Perhaps excessive noise from the engine is normal when breaking-in an engine. I am unsure.

Quoting desvr4:
but it craps out under load when boast comes on..and slower engine response as well..my mate says just let it run in and or check sparkplugs bt just seeing if ne one got some heads up

Karma is a just and fair matriarch who limits performance when I begin to boast. The engine's sh*t's all retarded and it talks like a ***. Still, this noise gives me cause for alarm, despite the soothing words of my equally intelligent mate, who assures me that scary loud noises from the engine bay are common during break-in and, if anything, I should get some Iridium spark plugs. Does anyone here get head?

Quoting desvr4:
im runnin no thermostat atm as well..bt cant effect it that much? and blows white smoke after 4000 revs or so (whenturbos in)mean blown seals eny help would be of grate help .cheers

I have removed my thermostat, but I am confident, given my extensive grasp of engine dynamics, performance theory, and the English language, this likely has nothing to do with my otherwise abused and neglected 4G63. Besides, white "smoke" from the tailpipe at >4000rpm (only when the turbocharger is installed) is probably just coolant leaking from the CHRA on my turbo, right? Any help would be of great help.

Quoting desvr4:

All I know is how to drive. I am giving actual maintenance and repairs a perverted stare now. Hooray!

Take some time and research the forum by searching +idle or +lifters +timing. Always put a "+" in front of the word seperating words with a space.

Hopefully some NZ guys are close by, maybe they can give you a hand.

Hertz

Staff member
Let this serve as a lesson: Newbies are not protected in Tech. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tagteam.gif

JackbNimble

Quoting DR1665:
You know, I feel kinda sorry for this guy, so I took a couple minutes and read his post over and over again until I found myself actually able to understand him. I think this guy might be one of the 2% of Kiwis who don't speak English, so bear with me if I'm wrong. I'm just trying to help, here.

Quoting desvr4:
Pfirst post hopefully the last.

Greetings! This is my first post and, once I have realized the benefits of your shared wisdom and experience, I will hopefully be able to give you all the finger and admonish you to jog on.

Quoting desvr4:
i got a 1988 vr4 galant 4g63 which had a blown head gasket with the head off at the time of buying..(unknowcause) ,new timeing.

I have, in my possession, a 1988 Galant VR4 with the 4G63 engine. The cylinder head separated from the engine block at the time of purchase, I determined the head gasket must have failed for reasons science will never reveal. What time is it?

Quoting desvr4:
i havnt drivin it much as i lost my licene for a long time but for the time that i have been the engine nois(not exhaust )is lounder then my other one maby normal for running in

I haven't spent much time actually driving the car since I just bolted the head back up, as parliament has stripped me of my license for an indefinite period of time. Prior to being banned from the roadways, I couldn't help but notice the engine in this Galant is louder than my other one. [Comforting thought, right there.] Perhaps excessive noise from the engine is normal when breaking-in an engine. I am unsure.

Quoting desvr4:
but it craps out under load when boast comes on..and slower engine response as well..my mate says just let it run in and or check sparkplugs bt just seeing if ne one got some heads up

Karma is a just and fair matriarch who limits performance when I begin to boast. The engine's sh*t's all retarded and it talks like a ***. Still, this noise gives me cause for alarm, despite the soothing words of my equally intelligent mate, who assures me that scary loud noises from the engine bay are common during break-in and, if anything, I should get some Iridium spark plugs. Does anyone here get head?

Quoting desvr4:
im runnin no thermostat atm as well..bt cant effect it that much? and blows white smoke after 4000 revs or so (whenturbos in)mean blown seals eny help would be of grate help .cheers

I have removed my thermostat, but I am confident, given my extensive grasp of engine dynamics, performance theory, and the English language, this likely has nothing to do with my otherwise abused and neglected 4G63. Besides, white "smoke" from the tailpipe at >4000rpm (only when the turbocharger is installed) is probably just coolant leaking from the CHRA on my turbo, right? Any help would be of great help.

Quoting desvr4:

All I know is how to drive. I am giving actual maintenance and repairs a perverted stare now. Hooray!

I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. Thank you kind sir.

broxma

Muti -

Muti is a term for traditional medicine in Southern Africa as far north as Lake Tanganyika. The word muti is derived from the Zulu word for tree, of which the root is -thi.

Tech discussion now open to homeopathic medicines and herbivorous topics.

GO!!!

The Dragons Blood tree is the baddest tree on the planet. click Discuss.

Allow me to translate.

Quote:
My car blows white smoke under boost

A Compression and leak down test is in order.

I don't know what's more hilarious; /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
1) the original post
2) Dr1665's translation.......or
3) Hertz's tag team icon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

dmj

I have a feeling this is going to be an /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif epic post

turbowop

Quoting Hertz:
Let this serve as a lesson: Newbies are not protected in Tech. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tagteam.gif

lolwut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

thanks for the tranzlation mate some one tryd to help!haha. turnd out to b a vacum leak and a crack in the leads ..just my brakes playing up when i got the abs light on(deactivated) my breaks are swt but when abs light is off(activated)my breaks are sh*t..cheers

Nartanian

Earthman to DR1665, I repeat, Earthman to DR1665, Translation can me you give?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned