The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lower timing belt cover (accessing filter housing bolts)

BadVr4

anybody trim their lower timing belt cover so you dont have to take it off to get to the hidden bolt on the filter housing? i would like to do this but wanna see how and where you guys trimmed yours. post good pics!

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
IIRC, you can just drill a hole where that bolt is so that you can get it out.

John

Rausch

I drilled a hole in mine the last time. I wound up taking everything off first (made a pilot hole for reference first), and drilled a hole big enought to get a 3/8" drive socket through. after everything was buttoned up, I used a small rubber plug and a dab of black RTV to close it back up.

BadVr4

im more looking for a pic of where you guys cut or drilled. i want to get a good idea of where to do mine with it on the car.

Rausch

Just try to line up where the bolt is, and drill through there with a smaller bit. You can always adjust the location once you found where it needs to go. I think I pulled a few of the other lower bolts off and flexed it back a bit to get a good line on where to drill...

jepherz

Staff member
I can't help a ton, but I remember the hole I made being right over the slope in the cover that goes around the crank pully, if that helps at all...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned