The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3kGT vs. Camaro Calipers

Quote:
"We're NOT on that topic, that information is easy to find"

There's not reason for attitude. I was just looking for someone to recommend a direction. And we all know how crappy the search works.

Its not attitude. Any Sped could find that information on this site. Actually right now I think the How To is one of the top posts. If you dont have something to contribute relative to the topic this thread was created for then make another one and get off "deez" nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

deez

Again, more childish attitude which is not constructive but just the opposite. Last I checked we are all here to help each other out, not to be demeaning and immature.

Quote:
ehmm,please correct me if I understand something wrog.
Front 4pot calipers from 3kgt, did they fit plug n play into galant?
what with rear?
which one are more efficient? evo1,2,3 or 3kgt?

No the 4 pot 3000GT VR4/Dodge Stealth TT calipers will not fit plug n play. At the very least you'll need a custom adapter bracket.

Quote:
Again, more childish attitude which is not constructive but just the opposite. Last I checked we are all here to help each other out, not to be demeaning and immature.

Listen, I have a question about something specific. It is not a topic that has been brought up 20 times in the past year on the board. We are here to help each other out, but atleast try to help yourself first buddy.

This took under 5 minutes, and you'll notice that I'm not the only one who gets aggravated with people who refuse to help themselves before reaching out. Stop clogging this thread.

Garfield's
Another Thread About Above Link
More Brakes
Wheel Fitment In Relation to 3kgt Brakes
Another
Wheels & Brakes

Quote:
make another one and get off "deez" nuts.

And come on, that was hilarious..../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

deez

Thanks for the links. Now thats how to be helpful. Whats the deez nuts reference to? You lost me there.

Quote:
Now thats how to be helpful.

Whatever has to be done to get you out of this thread that you have nothing constructive to add to.

Rausch

sorry to jack the thread. just had to fill the boy in.
Quote:
Whats the deez nuts reference to?

you must be younger. i'll fill you in.

you know who was asking about you the other day?

DEEZ NUTS!!! almost old school reference.

^^Bwahaha hahah. Exactly!! I thought that was too funny to ignore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Clog away with fun, just not with redundant questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rausch

no worries, i got you covered....ghetto FTW!

Quote:
What's the piston size of 3kgt calipers ?

I ordered a set in to measure, believe it or not I get two different measurments for the front and rear pistons in the caliper. I get 30.76mm for the front piston and 29.52mm for the rear piston. I've never seen 4pots with variant size caliper pistons, WTF??

Rausch

^^ thats actually not all that uncommon. i can't remember wher i last saw that, but it is not unheard of. so no worries there. usually you'll see that on higher end model brakes more than anywhere else...thats a good thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CP

Snoop's a tool imo..."yo, yo, did whathis name get out to ya today? Who? DEEZNUTZ!" On a related note, I learned last night that Dre and Warren G are half brothers. I did not know that...

JB

She said, "Daddy, if i have some nuts, on my chest, would those be chest nuts?"
I said, "Hell yeah..."
She said, "Daddy, if i have some nuts, on my chiyan, would those be chin nuts?"
I said, "Hell no bitch, you'd have a mutha fuckin dick in yo mouf..."

boostedinaz

Quote:
Snoop's a tool imo..."yo, yo, did whathis name get out to ya today? Who? DEEZNUTZ!" On a related note, I learned last night that Dre and Warren G are half brothers. I did not know that...

Watching Clebrity Fit Club I see.

Warren G is who gave Dr. Dre Snoop Dogs demo tape. Warren G, Nate Dog, and Snoop had a group in highschool called 213.

Little gangster rap knowledge from my highschool days.

Rausch

and here i thought that was all common knowledge....i guess i'm still a bit ghetto... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

skivittlerjimb

Wow, this started out as a useful thread. Now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Anyhow, back on topic... I've got my Camaro calipers and I'm looking to rebuild them before I install them. GM lists a piston seal and slide pin boot kit for ~$20 per side. Anything else I'm going to want to have before I rebuild and paint these things?

-Jim B.
280/1000
1432/2000

DarkDevilMMM

ok, this got me thinking, why are we keep using camero/vette or 3kgt caliper? is it because we are keeping the cost down? coz why not going straight to AP or brembo? or maybe even using EVO/STI?

V8EATER

I think it's to keep the cost down. even a used set of Brembos or AP brakes are several hundred just for the calipers, or more. These calipers can be had for under a $100 all day long for the pair.

WesS

The questions to this thread is which is more readily available?
and 2 which is easier to put on? ie. who makes the brackets/adapters for both?
Coming from driving a 2000 camaro z-28 I can tell you the brake options (as far as pads and rotors) seem endless for the camaro/corvette setups.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned