The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Summit AN fitting problems

Polish

OK so I just bought a bunch of these for my oil cooler and fuel system. I made my oil lines tonight for the oil cooler. I install them both and one isn't to my liking. I have lots of -8 left so I cut a new one which I like much better. As I start to take apart the fittings on the previous line they basically self destroy. All the inner threads stripped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Theres like 20$ down the drain. I thought AN fittings were reusable? I am guessing most are but this is the price I pay for buying the "cheap" ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am going to stop at the local race shop on the way home tomorrow and get replacements. The thing is I have to assemble a few fuel lines and I am assuming I have to get them all right on the first try or else the fittings are ruined. I mean they went together fine, the last few turns were fairly hard but I kind of expected that. I tightened them until there was a small gap as suggested by many posts I have read. Thoughts?

Edit- Just looked on the Summit site. Re-read the fine print. The Aeroquip brand 20$ 90 degree fitting says "Reusable", the 13$ Summit brand 90 degree fitting, does NOT. I just assumed they would all be the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Oh well, I ASSumed wrong as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

4g63t

Thanks for the heads up, now I know when I go to buy mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Polish

No problem, I prefer learning from others mistakes too. To bad I always end up learning from mine.

However I will say my Air Powered angle grinder cut the AN line easily and the ends were clean. They went in the fittings with very little effort. I tried a hacksaw and first and it promptly got put away. That would have taken years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I have summit lines on my car, NEVER again, they are junk, the anodizing rubbed off. Ill be redoing that when I complete my fuel system.

I wouldnt quite say their structural integrity is less then acceptable but the visual aspects are sh*t. I have posted it several times that the summits fittings are junk..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts