GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Re: Mega Squirt Fuel Injection?
Previous thread Next thread

Re: Mega Squirt Fuel Injection?

BOOSTIN HARD
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333070 posted 04/28/06 12:50 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Also what about their harness?

| | | IP: (216.203.116.104) | Report this post to a Moderator

steve Galant VR4.org Administrator
Key Fob Guy

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333071 posted 04/28/06 12:53 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quote:

I have to say one thing here. This site, and the SyTy forums, is one of the best no-BS forums I've ever been on. Try talking about Megasquirt on the "posdsm" board, where the guy who teaches EFI101 will tell you all about how bad megasqsuirt sucks, even though he hasn't used one. YOu guys definitely rule here. How do you get a forum going without a ton of internet haters anyways???? this place is A+ seriously.

We appreciate and love hearing that. We've been lucky in that the VR4 is a limited production vehicle, and tends not to draw the typical shortbus riding internet jockeys. By virtue of the smaller numbers, we draw less volume of people, and by virtue of the 4-door status and higher price (than a comparable 1G DSM) we seem to draw more mature members. Not to mention, we try to weed out the troublemakers when they do come around.

I know it's a foreign idea for most of us here, but you might want to try taking the car off jackstands.
-mitsuturbo

Posts: 18895 | From: NJ | Member Since: 09/11/03 | IP: (208.215.178.153) | Report this post to a Moderator

dieselgeek
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333073 posted 04/28/06 12:56 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Harness: you'll either need to assemble one using your own 16 or 18 gauge wire, or buy one preassembled.

Note, you'll stlil have to make "mods" to the megasquirt, so you'll need the $9 RadioShack soldering iron, get the LOW WATTAGE one, no more than 20w is necessary. Jerry can include the resistors you need if you tell him when you order, that you are using this on a 4G63.

-scott

| | | IP: (66.174.92.167) | Report this post to a Moderator

dieselgeek
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333077 posted 04/28/06 01:00 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Difference between MS-I and MS-II :

MS-I is the original Motorola chip that required programmers to develop software for it, in Assembly language. The MS-II is new, it has an interpreter that lets you write code in C++, however it lacks all the featudres of the MS-I as of yet. Soon enough, it will be usable for 4G63 guys, and it's a SIMPLE upgrade without replacing or rewiring anything you'll do with the MS-I.

But right now MS-II lacks the ability to decode the 4G63 CAS.

There are some other "improvements" but none that I find necessary for the 4G63 just yet, they've added resolution to injector pulsewidths so you can run "1.31ms" idle PW instead of "1.3" - you get the idea.

I think it will be about a $50 upgrade to MS-II chip if and when you will want to do it. I've done one of them, they're OK but IMO not quite ready for prime time on the 4G63 just yet.

-scott

| | | IP: (66.174.92.167) | Report this post to a Moderator

turbowop
Hard Snarker
1051/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333107 posted 04/28/06 02:01 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quote:

Try talking about Megasquirt on the "posdsm" board, where the guy who teaches EFI101 will tell you all about how bad megasqsuirt sucks, even though he hasn't used one.

Matt didn't "hate" on your supermegasquirt ecu. He gave pros *and* cons for its use. We didn't take well to the arrogance you presented on our board.

-Mark

A face only a grocery shopper could love.

Posts: 11933 | From: Yakima, WA | Member Since: 04/29/01 | IP: (68.119.12.244) | Report this post to a Moderator

BOOSTIN HARD
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333112 posted 04/28/06 02:16 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
You will have haters everywhere you go. Don't pay any attention to em!!!

| | | IP: (216.203.116.104) | Report this post to a Moderator

gaylantvr4
Joe

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333132 posted 04/28/06 03:08 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quote:

he's too busy getting reamed out for talking about it on posdsm

comments like this are not needed. This thread should teach people not flame them.

998/1000

Posts: 850 | From: Omaha ,NE | Member Since: 10/03/04 | IP: (68.13.168.248) | Report this post to a Moderator

RTSGVR-4
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333223 posted 04/28/06 08:29 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
ive been interested in megasquirt since i first heard about it. i thought it was way above my head but now it seems it has become more user-friendly. maybe ill try and use it on my LS1 swap in my 69' camaro. is there an application for that? also, is there any interest in trying to get the megasquirt to run individual injector control's or will it stay bank-fire do you think? good info, thanks
Ryan

| | | IP: (67.176.39.136) | Report this post to a Moderator

ner947
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333347 posted 04/29/06 12:04 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quote:

How much would you charge for the base maps?

Don't ever spend money on MSQ's. Anyone who tries to sell you one is a hustler, even identical engines will have slightly different maps that you will have to tune for anyways. Poke around MSEFI and you will find one.

| | | IP: (4.140.108.75) | Report this post to a Moderator

gaylantvr4
Joe

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333469 posted 04/30/06 12:09 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quote:

ive been interested in megasquirt since i first heard about it. i thought it was way above my head but now it seems it has become more user-friendly. maybe ill try and use it on my LS1 swap in my 69' camaro. is there an application for that? also, is there any interest in trying to get the megasquirt to run individual injector control's or will it stay bank-fire do you think? good info, thanks
Ryan

Multi port injection is already out. From my understanding it is not stable yet but should have all the problems worked out in a few months

998/1000

Posts: 850 | From: Omaha ,NE | Member Since: 10/03/04 | IP: (68.13.168.248) | Report this post to a Moderator

574_240sx
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333692 posted 05/01/06 01:00 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I have helped a few friends set it up on their 280Z and 280zx both with the later turbo L28ET. It was easy to setup and can be done in a weekend if its something you have never done before. You get a lot of help on MSEFI but it only takes you so far and I wouldn't trust anyones maps but you have to start somewhere. I bought my prebuilt MSnS-Extra setup off ebay for 215 shipped with harness and all sensors and that was a killer deal. I was going to set it up in my 240sx with a KA-T this summer. I may have to pick up a new MS setup to run on the Galant.

| | | IP: (24.7.249.91) | Report this post to a Moderator

dieselgeek
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 333796 posted 05/01/06 10:22 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Quote:

Quote:

Try talking about Megasquirt on the "posdsm" board, where the guy who teaches EFI101 will tell you all about how bad megasqsuirt sucks, even though he hasn't used one.

Matt didn't "hate" on your supermegasquirt ecu. He gave pros *and* cons for its use. We didn't take well to the arrogance you presented on our board.

That's hilarious. Arrogance??

Edited by dieselgeek (05/01/06 10:23 AM)

| | | IP: (206.24.48.1) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1 | 2
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Thread views: 5034

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.133 seconds in which 0.086 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page