The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mega Squirt Fuel Injection?

Quote:
What about the base maps. Thank you for all of this info and for helping that guy write that article, you are a valuable resource to the dsm community.
P.S. are you the one that tuned that red 2g that blew up?

This system is kinda like freeware in it's concept, not the hardware, but the software. Go to the sites and read. Most people I know that are using MS (turbo ford guys) don't charge for their maps, they just share the knowledge. It's a very friendly enviroment, not at all like the major marketed standalones that want $$ for evey upgrade or firmware/software tweak.

when you are ready for them, I have all the 4G63 maps you'll ever need and I give them out freely!!!!!

This is Open Source. It's all about product development and quality - NOT about proprietary BS and marketing hype. MS definitley will run your car like a factory tune, while supporting much more power than a factory computer would (without things like DSMlink, etc. - all good products, for sure!!).

I have to say one thing here. This site, and the SyTy forums, is one of the best no-BS forums I've ever been on. Try talking about Megasquirt on the "posdsm" board, where the guy who teaches EFI101 will tell you all about how bad megasqsuirt sucks, even though he hasn't used one. YOu guys definitely rule here. How do you get a forum going without a ton of internet haters anyways???? this place is A+ seriously.

So a list of everything I need is

1)Mega View
2)Mega Squirt I PCB3.0
3)Mega Squirt stimulator
4)4 bar Map Sensor
5)Tuning Cable
6)Relay Board
7)Air Inlet Temp Sensor
If there is anything I don't need or anything I do need please let me know or add it. I looked through the websites and never found a list on everything you need for a complete system, but maybe I overlooked it.

Again thanks for everything, Chris

steve

Quote:
I have to say one thing here. This site, and the SyTy forums, is one of the best no-BS forums I've ever been on. Try talking about Megasquirt on the "posdsm" board, where the guy who teaches EFI101 will tell you all about how bad megasqsuirt sucks, even though he hasn't used one. YOu guys definitely rule here. How do you get a forum going without a ton of internet haters anyways???? this place is A+ seriously.

We appreciate and love hearing that. We've been lucky in that the VR4 is a limited production vehicle, and tends not to draw the typical shortbus riding internet jockeys. By virtue of the smaller numbers, we draw less volume of people, and by virtue of the 4-door status and higher price (than a comparable 1G DSM) we seem to draw more mature members. Not to mention, we try to weed out the troublemakers when they do come around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Harness: you'll either need to assemble one using your own 16 or 18 gauge wire, or buy one preassembled.

Note, you'll stlil have to make "mods" to the megasquirt, so you'll need the $9 RadioShack soldering iron, get the LOW WATTAGE one, no more than 20w is necessary. Jerry can include the resistors you need if you tell him when you order, that you are using this on a 4G63.

-scott

Difference between MS-I and MS-II :

MS-I is the original Motorola chip that required programmers to develop software for it, in Assembly language. The MS-II is new, it has an interpreter that lets you write code in C++, however it lacks all the featudres of the MS-I as of yet. Soon enough, it will be usable for 4G63 guys, and it's a SIMPLE upgrade without replacing or rewiring anything you'll do with the MS-I.

But right now MS-II lacks the ability to decode the 4G63 CAS.

There are some other "improvements" but none that I find necessary for the 4G63 just yet, they've added resolution to injector pulsewidths so you can run "1.31ms" idle PW instead of "1.3" - you get the idea.

I think it will be about a $50 upgrade to MS-II chip if and when you will want to do it. I've done one of them, they're OK but IMO not quite ready for prime time on the 4G63 just yet.

-scott

turbowop

Quote:
Try talking about Megasquirt on the "posdsm" board, where the guy who teaches EFI101 will tell you all about how bad megasqsuirt sucks, even though he hasn't used one.

Matt didn't "hate" on your supermegasquirt ecu. He gave pros *and* cons for its use. We didn't take well to the arrogance you presented on our board.

gaylantvr4

Quote:
he's too busy getting reamed out for talking about it on posdsm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

comments like this are not needed. This thread should teach people not flame them.

ive been interested in megasquirt since i first heard about it. i thought it was way above my head but now it seems it has become more user-friendly. maybe ill try and use it on my LS1 swap in my 69' camaro. is there an application for that? also, is there any interest in trying to get the megasquirt to run individual injector control's or will it stay bank-fire do you think? good info, thanks
Ryan

Quote:
How much would you charge for the base maps?

Don't ever spend money on MSQ's. Anyone who tries to sell you one is a hustler, even identical engines will have slightly different maps that you will have to tune for anyways. Poke around MSEFI and you will find one.

gaylantvr4

Quote:
ive been interested in megasquirt since i first heard about it. i thought it was way above my head but now it seems it has become more user-friendly. maybe ill try and use it on my LS1 swap in my 69' camaro. is there an application for that? also, is there any interest in trying to get the megasquirt to run individual injector control's or will it stay bank-fire do you think? good info, thanks
Ryan

Multi port injection is already out. From my understanding it is not stable yet but should have all the problems worked out in a few months

I have helped a few friends set it up on their 280Z and 280zx both with the later turbo L28ET. It was easy to setup and can be done in a weekend if its something you have never done before. You get a lot of help on MSEFI but it only takes you so far and I wouldn't trust anyones maps but you have to start somewhere. I bought my prebuilt MSnS-Extra setup off ebay for 215 shipped with harness and all sensors and that was a killer deal. I was going to set it up in my 240sx with a KA-T this summer. I may have to pick up a new MS setup to run on the Galant.

Quote:
Quote:
Try talking about Megasquirt on the "posdsm" board, where the guy who teaches EFI101 will tell you all about how bad megasqsuirt sucks, even though he hasn't used one.

Matt didn't "hate" on your supermegasquirt ecu. He gave pros *and* cons for its use. We didn't take well to the arrogance you presented on our board.

That's hilarious. Arrogance??

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned