GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » JDM AC Compressor Diagram
Previous thread Next thread

JDM AC Compressor Diagram

PaulyD

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1244048 posted 09/07/18 08:13 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
So my compressor went out on my JDM vr4. I had a local VW mechanic I trust replace it. He could not get the new compressor to engage but the old one did engage but did not blow cold air. The new one blows cold air if you manually ground the clutch switch on the compressor and blows cold air. However, when it engages it puts a pretty heavy load on the motor and it wants to die at idle. Currently I have it hooked up to a toggle switch under my dash... Does anyone here have a diagram for the JDM auto climate control system? I also am curious how the "Econo" mode works and if its possible to make that still function. I noticed with the old compressor it seemed to put less of a load on the motor and obviously didnt blow as cold. Thanks in advanced everyone

1990 JDM Galant VR4

Posts: 3 | From: Bloomington, IN | Member Since: 02/07/16 | IP: (68.45.73.129) | Report this post to a Moderator

FlyingEagle Galant VR4.org Moderator
Eager Beaver

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1244049 posted 09/07/18 08:40 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Was the charge converted from R12 to R134a, because this can make a difference.

Also, are you sure the replacement compressor is identical to the old one?

There are temp sensors that can lock out the compressor clutch function when they trip .... or wires are not heading the correct way.

C53A 1 of the ~1500

Posts: 1582 | From: THE Ottawa | Member Since: 03/05/05 | IP: (24.212.154.69) | Report this post to a Moderator

PaulyD

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1244050 posted 09/07/18 09:16 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
It has been converted to r134. I haven't looked myself yet at I just picked it up and drove it home, it's been a long week for me and don't have a garage ATM. I can try to snap some pictures of it tomorrow and get a model number. Mechanic said it was identical. He asked me while he was doing it if I could get a diagram, said if I couldn't he could hook it up to my old light bar switch. Which is what he ended up doing

1990 JDM Galant VR4

Posts: 3 | From: Bloomington, IN | Member Since: 02/07/16 | IP: (2600:1015:b11b:5) | Report this post to a Moderator

G Galant VR4.org Moderator
JDM Unit
486/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1244061 posted 09/08/18 10:06 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I have it but it's in japanese. Do you have digital hvac or manual?

www.japanesenostalgiccar.com
www.nostalgic.co.jp

Posts: 8864 | From: zompton | Member Since: 02/24/04 | IP: (75.86.151.204) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 237

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.268 seconds in which 0.253 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page