The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM AC Compressor Diagram

PaulyD

So my compressor went out on my JDM vr4. I had a local VW mechanic I trust replace it. He could not get the new compressor to engage but the old one did engage but did not blow cold air. The new one blows cold air if you manually ground the clutch switch on the compressor and blows cold air. However, when it engages it puts a pretty heavy load on the motor and it wants to die at idle. Currently I have it hooked up to a toggle switch under my dash... Does anyone here have a diagram for the JDM auto climate control system? I also am curious how the "Econo" mode works and if its possible to make that still function. I noticed with the old compressor it seemed to put less of a load on the motor and obviously didnt blow as cold. Thanks in advanced everyone

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Was the charge converted from R12 to R134a, because this can make a difference.

Also, are you sure the replacement compressor is identical to the old one?

There are temp sensors that can lock out the compressor clutch function when they trip .... or wires are not heading the correct way.

PaulyD

It has been converted to r134. I haven't looked myself yet at I just picked it up and drove it home, it's been a long week for me and don't have a garage ATM. I can try to snap some pictures of it tomorrow and get a model number. Mechanic said it was identical. He asked me while he was doing it if I could get a diagram, said if I couldn't he could hook it up to my old light bar switch. Which is what he ended up doing

G

Staff member
I have it but it's in japanese. Do you have digital hvac or manual?

misterfixit

G,

Here's the english version for full auto Climate control:
click

Rich

G

Staff member
Sweet, was actually looking for jdm evo spec complete service manual in english as well.

misterfixit

I don't think such a thing exists.

I have the manuals in the linky in my signature. I do have others, but there are some elements that only show up in the Japanese books.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts