The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Since the car has been sitting my brakes are rocks.

VR6Eater

I haven't had time to try and bleed the system. I don't see any leaks. It will still stop but I'm thinking master cylinder?

Any opinions.

VR6Eater

I didn't think about the booster. Thanks guys.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Pull the booster hose directly at the booster - do you hear air sucking in almost instantly as the hose comes loose?
If not ... hose leak, check valve suspect, or internal booster leak to atmosphere. Use a vacuum hand pump and vacuum gauge to confirm hose and valve hold vacuum.

Basic booster test:

Foot on brake pedal. Start engine. Pedal should sink a little bit. This is good, no sinking, not so good.
Now release pedal.
Stop engine.
Pump pedal a few times until the booster effect is bled off. Should take a few pumps.
If not ... more possible booster issues.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings