The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5th O2 sensor wire?

Iggy

Today went to replace my O2 sensor and was surprised to find a 5th wife in the loom before the 02 connector. I can't find the other half of it, but I'm guessing to goes some where? doesn't help that the insulation is gone.

G

Staff member
That's a ground.

Iggy

A ground for what?

G

Staff member
Or shielding, I forgot.

mjdarg

Yea, that looks like shielded that is in the harness under the heat shrink.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Agreed, that is the shielding wire.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
See the diagram in the site thread below.

Click for GVR4 thread

It's a big fanout sheet for 4g63 type wiring. Pins with the little circles drawn around the wires, for the 02 sensor and the knock sensor are a shared shield setup; open an unattached at one end, connected at the other, but not part of a circuit - just noise/RF rejection, likely only could be causing by radios/plugs/etc.

I just build a little harness to replace my current one should anything in it go bad, and I had my hands on those wires first hand. The other guys before me, nailed it!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings