GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Help with AEM WB settings in ECMlink
Previous thread Next thread

Help with AEM WB settings in ECMlink

car_guy

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1216360 posted 09/12/15 05:53 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Hello everyone,

I posted this on DSMtuners also to see if I could get more traffic, but I figured i would ask the experts here as well since it's on my VR4.

I got my AEM 30-4100 UEGO installed in the factory O2 location. I also confirmed that the gauge is operating and I'm getting a good signal to ECMlink. Now I want to make sure that the voltage is displaying the proper A/F ratio.

You do this by adding the sensor to captured values and then displaying it in the log. You then right click the logged value in the legend and adjust preferences for your wideband. My question is: What is the proper way to set the min and max ranges for voltage and lambda?

I have searched, believe me I have searched. There is one video for linear WB calibration here but it is set to private so I can't watch it: (DSMtuners)

There are options in ECMlink to select the AEM wideband pulldown, or some just use the generic linear wideband option.

ECMlink recommends to do this for AEM gauages ( Click Here ):
Says one use found this to be accurate:
Min Voltage: 0.0
Min lambda: 0.65 (gasoline A/F ratio of 9.55:1)
Max Voltage: 4.99
Max lambda: 1.32 (gasoline A/F ratio of 19.43:1)

Or for the Linwideband setting ECMlink recommends to do this ( Click Here ):
Says one use found this to be accurate:
Min Voltage: Whatever is displayed by RawLinwideband in your vehicle in forced openloop
Min lambda: 0.75 (gasoline A/F ratio of 11.0:1)
Max Voltage: Whatever is displayed by RawLinwideband in your vehicle in forced openloop
Max lambda: 1.0 (gasoline A/F ratio of 14.7:1)

The AEM installation manual says:
Min Voltage: 0.0
Min lambda: 0.68 (gasoline A/F ratio of 10.0:1)
Max Voltage: 4.99
Max lambda: 1.36 (gasoline A/F ratio of 19.98:1)

I used this same sensor in my supercharged Jeep SRT8 and it was calibrated by using the AEM manual settings with a tutorial found at this video: Click Here

This worked great for me. I tuned it for 11.3:1 at 9-10 psi on my 6.1 Hemi with no issues. So I'm inclined to just input these values into ECMlink and go with it. But I'm curious what the DSM gurus have to say about it.

Posts: 60 | From: Farmington, NM | Member Since: 07/13/15 | IP: (75.173.117.120) | Report this post to a Moderator

EMX5636
Carbon Fiber Cage
108/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1216391 posted 09/13/15 09:30 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I won't go into the numbers as I have no idea what mine are set up to anymore, but running it in the stock o2 housing location will kill the sensor in short while. Most guys put a bung further back the downpipe near the steering rack or subframe.

Edit- I will say that I think the AEMWB-R1 setting/display was almost spot on in my car. It's within .1 of what the gauge, DSMLink, and an external tailpipe WB read on the dyno.

91 #108/2000- link
97 Kawi ZX7R Street / 03 ZX6R Track
03 Kawi KLX400R Supermoto
05 CTS-V
09 Hummer H3T

Edited by EMX5636 (09/13/15 09:32 AM)

Posts: 1630 | From: Bucks County, PA | Member Since: 06/28/08 | IP: (2601:49:102:1540) | Report this post to a Moderator

car_guy

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1216462 posted 09/14/15 06:47 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Thanks for the input. I'll look at moving it when I get my exhaust in next week. It seems to be working out using AEM'S numbers.

Posts: 60 | From: Farmington, NM | Member Since: 07/13/15 | IP: (75.173.117.120) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1815

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.061 seconds in which 0.044 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page