The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with AEM WB settings in ECMlink

car_guy

Hello everyone,

I posted this on DSMtuners also to see if I could get more traffic, but I figured i would ask the experts here as well since it's on my VR4.

I got my AEM 30-4100 UEGO installed in the factory O2 location. I also confirmed that the gauge is operating and I'm getting a good signal to ECMlink. Now I want to make sure that the voltage is displaying the proper A/F ratio.

You do this by adding the sensor to captured values and then displaying it in the log. You then right click the logged value in the legend and adjust preferences for your wideband. My question is: What is the proper way to set the min and max ranges for voltage and lambda?

I have searched, believe me I have searched. There is one video for linear WB calibration here but it is set to private so I can't watch it: (DSMtuners)

There are options in ECMlink to select the AEM wideband pulldown, or some just use the generic linear wideband option.

ECMlink recommends to do this for AEM gauages ( Click Here ):
Says one use found this to be accurate:
Min Voltage: 0.0
Min lambda: 0.65 (gasoline A/F ratio of 9.55:1)
Max Voltage: 4.99
Max lambda: 1.32 (gasoline A/F ratio of 19.43:1)

Or for the Linwideband setting ECMlink recommends to do this ( Click Here ):
Says one use found this to be accurate:
Min Voltage: Whatever is displayed by RawLinwideband in your vehicle in forced openloop
Min lambda: 0.75 (gasoline A/F ratio of 11.0:1)
Max Voltage: Whatever is displayed by RawLinwideband in your vehicle in forced openloop
Max lambda: 1.0 (gasoline A/F ratio of 14.7:1)

The AEM installation manual says:
Min Voltage: 0.0
Min lambda: 0.68 (gasoline A/F ratio of 10.0:1)
Max Voltage: 4.99
Max lambda: 1.36 (gasoline A/F ratio of 19.98:1)

I used this same sensor in my supercharged Jeep SRT8 and it was calibrated by using the AEM manual settings with a tutorial found at this video: Click Here

This worked great for me. I tuned it for 11.3:1 at 9-10 psi on my 6.1 Hemi with no issues. So I'm inclined to just input these values into ECMlink and go with it. But I'm curious what the DSM gurus have to say about it.

EMX5636

I won't go into the numbers as I have no idea what mine are set up to anymore, but running it in the stock o2 housing location will kill the sensor in short while. Most guys put a bung further back the downpipe near the steering rack or subframe.

Edit- I will say that I think the AEMWB-R1 setting/display was almost spot on in my car. It's within .1 of what the gauge, DSMLink, and an external tailpipe WB read on the dyno.

Last edited:

car_guy

Thanks for the input. I'll look at moving it when I get my exhaust in next week. It seems to be working out using AEM'S numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts