GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Re: KOYO radiator options
Previous thread Next thread

Re: KOYO radiator options

FlyingEagle Galant VR4.org Moderator
Eager Beaver

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1218908 posted 10/20/15 06:06 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Just bought this radiator: Listed as 93 Galant ... on Ebay from threebear2011

Click for Ebay advert

They listed shipping and duties, with the Global shipping program so I don't get extraordinarily high extra fees at the front door.

Pics:

I'm switching my issue for old radiators and believing their old rubber seals, for the inevitable headache of the tubes cracking. We will see what happens. Hope it is in stock, because I asked about another rad from performance radiator through another Ebay seller (coolingdepot?) and they said it was an inventory error, but the ad remains up to make it look like they have lots of populated items for the "internets" to order from them.

I looked at Evo 3 options which places the overflow spout in the same place in pictures as the GVR4 rad, but I looked at pics of the EVO3 rad from RTMRacing and theirs was facing the motor/head just like the stock Colt turbo rad, so I opted for GVR4 again.

Posts: 1631 | From: THE Ottawa | Member Since: 03/05/05 | IP: (99.241.194.85) | Report this post to a Moderator

Street Surgeon
Professor Street Surgeon
501/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1219310 posted 10/28/15 01:41 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quoting KiNgMaRtY:

The HH cores are new and are replacing the R's. supposedly cools just as good and slimmer.

The HH series uses a higher fin density in order to slim down their radiators, which can be a bit of a compromise; on the one hand, it's thinner and whatnot buuuuuuut not having all the fins packed in there (as in the R series) is better for air flow.

I have an R series currently and it is a super tight fit with their ginourmous end tanks so if I had to do it all over again I'd probably try out the HH if they make one for our (or Evo 3) application.

Cory O.
'92 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 501/1000
Heavily modified, barely driven, some assembly required.

Posts: 941 | From: Omaha, Nebraska | Member Since: 03/03/04 | IP: (132.3.49.81) | Report this post to a Moderator

KiNgMaRtY
Member +++
802/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1219322 posted 10/28/15 03:42 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
^^ I ended up getting one of the new Evo 3 HH Cores for my Galant a few months back. It was a good fit with the ETS hotpipes,too perfect actually. I doubt the R series would have fit with my ETS hot pipes.

92 GVR4 #802 link
17 CTS-V,06 Evo IX MR, 98 Montero
94 MX5 M-Edition - On Xidas, LS1 Swap in progress
SOLD: 92 GVR4 #611

Posts: 800 | From: Corona, CA | Member Since: 04/08/08 | IP: (98.189.79.130) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1 | 2
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
2 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 10743

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.052 seconds in which 0.042 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page