The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

KOYO radiator options

G

Staff member
I don't remember the thread but the factory sensor works on the greddy bung.

MuffinMan7580

I'm tracking the change in cores. Does anyone else have an EVO 1-3 radiator that can chime in about the bung for the fan switch?

KiNgMaRtY

I have a Tuners Nation radiator which essentially is an Evo 1-3 radiator and they added a bung in the same location as the AEM unit.

Dasith

i have an Evo 3 radiator and it doesn't have a bung

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Just bought this radiator: Listed as 93 Galant ... on Ebay from threebear2011

Click for Ebay advert

They listed shipping and duties, with the Global shipping program so I don't get extraordinarily high extra fees at the front door.

Pics:

I'm switching my issue for old radiators and believing their old rubber seals, for the inevitable headache of the tubes cracking. We will see what happens. Hope it is in stock, because I asked about another rad from performance radiator through another Ebay seller (coolingdepot?) and they said it was an inventory error, but the ad remains up to make it look like they have lots of populated items for the "internets" to order from them.

I looked at Evo 3 options which places the overflow spout in the same place in pictures as the GVR4 rad, but I looked at pics of the EVO3 rad from RTMRacing and theirs was facing the motor/head just like the stock Colt turbo rad, so I opted for GVR4 again.

Street Surgeon

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
The HH cores are new and are replacing the R's. supposedly cools just as good and slimmer.

The HH series uses a higher fin density in order to slim down their radiators, which can be a bit of a compromise; on the one hand, it's thinner and whatnot buuuuuuut not having all the fins packed in there (as in the R series) is better for air flow.

I have an R series currently and it is a super tight fit with their ginourmous end tanks so if I had to do it all over again I'd probably try out the HH if they make one for our (or Evo 3) application.

KiNgMaRtY

^^ I ended up getting one of the new Evo 3 HH Cores for my Galant a few months back. It was a good fit with the ETS hotpipes,too perfect actually. I doubt the R series would have fit with my ETS hot pipes.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts