The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

vibration from 3750-5k rpm

manikbastrd

I have some vibration from 3.75K-5k in my GVR4, I am assuming it is just a front motor mount, which the P.O. says is bad. Only other thing I could think of is the Harmonic Balancer. Any ideas???
Thanks in advance
-Manik

EHmotorsports

Inspect the mounts and replace. then worry about other possible issues after that is repaired.

G

Staff member
It could be either of those. You should easily be able to inspect the mounts before replacing. Get a jack and lift the motor for easy inspection. Also remove your timing belt cover and inspect the belt for abnormal grooves. Happens a lot when non-enthusiast owners have these worked on by private shops.

fuel

I would be checking that the belt driving the balance shaft hasn't snapped, assuming it still has balance shafts.

manikbastrd

Quoting EHmotorsports:
Inspect the mounts and replace. then worry about other possible issues after that is repaired.

Working on it hopefully on monday...Just ordered some Prothane insterts for it last night. Not excited to shove those in place...I have done it before and its no fun unless they are all 2 piece...

EHmotorsports

a vice and glass cleaner makes them easy to press in. If you don't have a press. Reason I say class cleaner is that it will evaporate after time and wont affect the bushing in any way like other oils and lubes will.

EHmotorsports

yup im close to 209th and farmington

EfiniX

Quoting EHmotorsports:
a vice and glass cleaner makes them easy to press in. If you don't have a press. Reason I say class cleaner is that it will evaporate after time and wont affect the bushing in any way like other oils and lubes will.

He gave me the same advice for getting my shifter bushings installed and it worked like a champ.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned