The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Axle cups different sizes?

Epifool

I swapped transmissions recently, and am currently attempting reassembly. The cv axles im using came with this trans, unless ive got them mixed up(which is possible, its been two mos. since ive driven the car) . But i cant seem to fit the cv's into the axle cup. Are there different sizes for the driver/pass side t.j.'s and/or cups? Different for diff yr, or, do i just need to beat em in there?

EMX5636

Awd inner splines should all be the same. There were some variations in FWD stuff, but unless someone swapped a differential over, it's very unlikely.

Epifool

The outer parts of the t-joint roller bearings had some variation, so to use the cv shaft with the good boots, i had to find which midshaft cup it would fit into. Thanks! Ok, now- an electrical question. Im running speed density, set up by the p.o., and was wondering if its a good idea to cut and cap the bunches of wires that seem to be no longer of use? They're unsightly, and i want to clean up the engine bay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

strokin4dr

Which wires? Stock maf wires?
Post a pic.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned