The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Short route fmic

Fiascoxl

I have a 1g ets street kit that came off my summit and was wondering if anyone else was using the same fmic? I've searched and seen a few installed but no specifics, I really would like to know whats involved with bumper and or radiator support trimming. Also most importantly can I keep my AC! I know I said I would keep the car mostly stock but I know that would get old quick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Then again I have a fp manifold and hx35 sitting around too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

turbohf

i have a IRC 1g short route intercooler on my GVR4. my car had a 1g radiator in it when i got it. and i trimmed the radiator support areas in the way, and pushed the lines out the way to fit pipes. i didnt trim the bumper, but the support was extensively trimmed (huge core). my car still has AC/PS/etc.

boostedinaz

Any pics?

5OF2k

I have a short route setup on my car, but dont have AC. That being said, i do have plenty of room to have it on the car, i simply dont need it here in CO.... Ill try and post some pics up shortly, or you can check my build thread too if you want?

I have a VRSF 1g kit on the way for my car too in order to support my T67, ill post pics as i do the install on that. The core i have in my car now is set way back and about the size of a conquest/starion/evo core, but short route piping nonetheless...

Hope that helps!!

-Jake

blacksheep

^^^ I am interested to see how yours turns out...The VRSF core may require trimming of the radiator support area, I am guessing. Also,curious about AC clearance.

I found this install BTW, somewhat helpful...

click

TylerAdamson

What do you consider to be short route? I run the ETS GVR4 specific core with modified piping and it's fairly short. My turbo fires downward and then I made my own hot pipe. It should be noted that I'm running a Civic half radiator. The only way I could get it any shorter would be with a custom manifold allowing the turbo to fire directly into the intercooler. I have pictures if you'd like to see them.

5OF2k

Quoting blacksheep:
^^^ I am interested to see how yours turns out...The VRSF core may require trimming of the radiator support area, I am guessing. Also,curious about AC clearance.

I found this install BTW, somewhat helpful...

click

Yea im interested as well, but if you look in my general GVR4 thread you can see I already have a short route setup on the car, the just not ideal for my new setup.

I do have a civic half radiator in the car, and my core is trimmed a tad. BUT, when i got the car, it dod have a factory GVR4 radiator in it so, it'd clear regardless.

Ill take a bunch of pics of both old and new setups when i get underway with the install. The only thing i think might be an issue with the VRSF kit is that im planning to use an NA tbody, speed density, and i have Magnus SMIM. Other than that, it should be quite straightforward! Lol

-Jake

turbohf

my install ~> click

looks like i didnt take/post pics anywhere of what i had to cut/hack. i did however find...
IMG_20120219_154928.jpg

IMG_20120219_155411.jpg

note that both those are test fits. i cut the battery tray cuz my battery is half OEM size and it looked funny and slightly in the way.
also like i said before, i have a 1g Koyo radiator in my Galant. i trimmed the radiator/brackets and slid it over a little.

think thats about it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned