The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil Clearance ?????? Have pics and specs what do you guys think.

Vr4junkie

Im working on a KA24DE and im plastic gauging the Mains here is the pic it is a little bit bigger than 0.0015 and a little bit smaller than 0.001. Im I in the correct tolerance just want to be on the safe side not too familiar with these measurements.

CRANKSHAFT,MAIN&CONNECTING ROD BEARINGS IN in.

MAIN BEARINGS
journal bearings
grade number "0"/2.3609-2.3612
grade number "1"/2.3606-2.3609
journal taper/.0001
journal out of round/.0002
oil clearance
standard/.0008-.0019
service limit/.004

rdomeck

Plastic gauge is accurate. Does it take place of thousands of dollars worth of measuring equipment? Well no, but it is a very accurate of measuring bearings. An outside mic won't do much good if you don't have an inside mic and know how to use both very well.

Use the Plastigauge and trust it!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If the result is a bit larger than .0015 (thus clearance is smaller than that), you are in the range you provided there if your number given is accurate. So you are OK.

Vr4junkie

Thanks Iceman I really wasn't sure its been a while since I been to school lol maybe I should of actually payed attention in math class instead of goofing around.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned