The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1990 Eagle Talon TSI -- spun bearing -- $1500 - MT

belize1334

I bought this TSI a few months back with the plan that I'd rebuild the engine for my GVR-4 and sell the rest off for cash. That is still the plan, as it happens, but I'm giving people the opportunity to buy it first. I'm willing to sell it in either of the following ways...

As is (spun rod bearing but otherwise it goes): $1,500.00

As is but w/o the long-block: $1,000.00

I will also entertain reasonable offers.

The car is basically bone with the exception of: Updated Lifters, Ti Retainers, Crower Springs(?), EvoIII Manifold, Exedy OE Replacement Clutch, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, 510cc Injectors (no compensation), ARP everything... Otherwise it's completely stock.

The body and chassis are in remarkably good shape given the number of miles...no serious rust, no big dents...just a few gouges in the paint on the hood and some oxidation of the paint above the windshield. The only major issue is that the sunroof latch is kinda loose so the sunroof doesn't fasten very well. Also, the hydrolic stays for the rear-hatch are shot so it falls closed...no biggy. I imagine that this isn't the first car that's suffered from these issues and that an interested buyer could repair them w/o too much trouble.

The car is non-abs so it has the 3-bolt LSD rear differential. The diff, trans, xfer case all seem to be in good shape according to the P.O. but the second gear synchro is probably notchy (whose isn't?). The electrical system all works fine now that I've supplied all the fuses and relays (don't ask me why they weren't there to begin with). I pulled the ECU and found it to be a '90 EEprom style so you can have it chipped. It should probably also have the caps done but they didn't look too bad.

This FS: offer will remain in effect until I get up the energy to start pulling it apart. I won't start disassembling until sometime next week but once it comes apart it isn't going back together.

Interested parties should contact me via PM and expect to pay for cost of delivery if applicable.

PS...the center console has some Van-Halen tapes which I'll include ... for a price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

belize1334

bump: I'll be gone to Chicago for the next week and then I'm gonna start pulling parts when I get back. People have that long to try to low-ball me or whatever and then times up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned