The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1992 Galant VR-4 (521/1K) Arlington, TX $10K OBO

BluFalcon

Hey,
I can't believe I'm really doing this, but I think it's time to let the Galant go. Between work and life in general, I don't have the time to either work on the car, or even drive it at all anymore. At this point it's a garage ornament, and I could use the money and space at this point, more than a shiny car. As for the asking price, it's a bit steep but it's OBO and I'll be including basically every spare part or upgrade that I acquired for the car over the years, but never got around to installing.

As for the inevitable question from G.
Yes, it did have some rust in the front corners, that was professionally repaired when the car was repainted a few years ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The rest of the car is pretty much rust free, and when I get some time I'll try to get some underbody shots to satisfy the "Corrosion Mafia".

You can check out the car here: 92 Galant VR-4 521/1K

img.php

The car is still pretty much exactly as shown in the thread with the parts listed, with a few exceptions.

1. The smoked taillights were swapped out for a set of clean 91 Galant lights.
2. New Comp Cams (FP2 Equivalents) Installed along with a Gates Blue Timing Belt and Water Pump last month.
3. 90 DSM Oil Filter Housing (Was doing a Air/Oil Cooler Setup)
4. Mishimoto Radiator Hoses
5. Different Head Unit than pictured.

Spares will include all my spare DSM/Galant parts to include: Coil Packs, Ignition Power Transistors, Throttle Bodies, Water Pipes, Spare 1G 91+ AWD Engine Harness, 2 Transfer Cases, Transmission With Taller 5th Gear, EVO 8 Recaro Seats (Front/Rear), EVO 8 Enkei Wheels, 92 Taillight Set, Spare ECU's, JDM Gas Door, New B&M Oil Cooler, -6 AN Fuel Line Kit/Filter and a Partridge In A Pear Tree.

Basically, if the car sells, it all has to go. I'm cashing out. Finito. Done.

If there's any interest in the car and parts, just let me know. I'll be happy to answer any questions or entertain any offers you might have.

Thanks for the space.

Last edited:

SteveDSM

Sad to see this even be contemplated, but I for one can totally understand. Ed, your car will forever be one of my all time favorites... beautifully done, very meticulous choices in parts, and a phenomenal buy for the right person!

BluFalcon

Thanks guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

At this point, I'm not even sure I want to let it go. It's just that I've sank the time and money into the car to get it where it's at, and it just sits there in the garage. Wasting away.
There's still a laundry list of things that I'd like to do with it, but at this point it's going to be awhile before I can even think about messing with it. I'd rather see it go to someone who will use it, and maybe take it further than I have.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Why do you not drive it, being in a state with little to no winter?

MellowVR4

I'd say keep it! just buy a car cover for it, its not like its going to rust away, you in texas brah.

turbowop

My car sat in the garage all summer with the exception of a couple nights where I took it out for a cruise. Probably put on less than 200 miles since March. I just haven't had the time for it compared to other priorities in life. But I know if I sold it I'd be kicking myself for years. So I keep my car knowing it's there and will get used or wrenched on when I get more time.

prove_it

You secretly wish you were JSB Mark.

citymunky

Man, if it was possible to sell all my parts in my garage including 733/2k in a week I would be ALL over this. I love your Car and this is one of the cars I want mine to look like.

ktmrider

Curious to see how things go.

I'm actually sitting in Richardson/Dallas right now, tempted to bug the OP just for some drooling time LOL.

GL bump!

jnava

Staff member
Ed's car has always been my bench mark on goals to achieve. I've seen many other Galants that people perceive to be a clean car but this is one that I've seen and able to say, yes it truly is. If I wouldn't have bought an Outlander, I would have definitely try to buy it from Ed. I'd hate to see it go out of state.....hopefully someone local buys the beauty.

pdxgeek

Quoting turbowop:
My car sat in the garage all summer with the exception of a couple nights where I took it out for a cruise. Probably put on less than 200 miles since March. I just haven't had the time for it compared to other priorities in life. But I know if I sold it I'd be kicking myself for years. So I keep my car knowing it's there and will get used or wrenched on when I get more time.

I have owned 503 for almost 3 years now. It's lived almost all of its life in the garage since then and I have probably only driven 1500 miles total including the trip home from Seattle. It has a good life. I do plan on driving it more in the spring/summer next year when I bring in the WRX for clutch/suspension upgrades. I rather 503 live a pampered life going forward, the numbers seem to be dwindling.

BluFalcon

At this point, I've had two people contact me about the car. One seems pretty serious, and the other might be as well, I don't know. He registered on the board after the ad was posted, so I'm not sure what to make of that. If I get what I'm asking for it, then it goes. Someone else can finish what I started, or go in a totally different direction. If not, I'll hold onto it until I get the time to work on it again and actually drive it.

BluFalcon

It does. Only things deleted were cruise and 4 wheel steering. I still have the old cruise control assembly as well if someone wanted to reinstall it.

G

Staff member
Looks nice man, that's the right way to paint a car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Turbo

OMG!!! NO!!!! Here I am searching and looking, thinking about getting another and I come across Ed selling his?!?!? What has the world come to? Has hell frozen over? I think I should just give up right now!

Also, +1 for the owner and build. Ed is a wonderful guy with great talent and has always taken great care in what he does. I would have no concern that everything done to this car was done well. The new owner will be very satisfied.

Last edited:

BluFalcon

He paid it off a few days ago. The buyer is opting to let a local shop finish a few mods I put off or partially completed and address a few minor maintenance issues, before it goes onto a truck to its new owner.

*Car sold for my asking price of $10K. The buyer bought it for his father as a gift, and it will be going into his private collection, where I'm assuming it will be well taken care of.*

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings