The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 GVR4 534/1000 5k or best offer. Houston, Texas.

I come home back to the U.S. every summer and have been doing this since 2007 since I moved to Europe. It is garage kept and runs and drives.

1992 GVR4 534/1000
Eprom ecu that just got repaired and "socketid" by ECM Tuning.
was painted 1993 GMC Gunmetal gray in 2002.
Engine built by Hans Feustel Racing Engines.
6 bolt block bored .020 over
wiseco 8.3:1 .020 pistons
eagle rods
no harmonic balancers
Road race eng. ported and polished head
hks 264/272 cams
spoolin afpr with gauge
RRE FMIC
frank stage 2 turbo (46 trim)
blitz 550 injectors
3000gt vr4 fuel pump
greddy bov
gab super adj. struts
h&r springs
energy suspension bushing kit
3in down pipe, cat and cat back to apexi n1 muffler
tial 40mm wastegate
apexi safc
greddy turbo timer
omori egt, boost, tach, oil temp and water temp gauges
greddy wide band a/f gauge
sparco rear seats
momo steering wheel
razo pedals and shift knob
17 inch rs limited wheels
as you can see in the engine bay pics the a/c has been removed.
new front axles
center force dual friction clutch
lightened flywheel
Greddy profec B spec 2 boost controller
power slot rotors
rear camber kit
welded center diff
stainless brake and clutch lines
evo 5 front with molded erbuni sides and rear bumper (needs repair and paint, currently off the car)rear bumper is m.i.a.
Trunk has a little rust on the former wing holes.
New tranny installed in 2007.

TONS OF PICS HERE.

link

the deal is OR BEST OFFER as well. I am open to hear all offers. NO TRADES! The wife and I are going to start a family and I need it gone asap before go back to Spain in late August.

TXT or call 281 658 9529

-Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:

mountaineerjeff

should throw some more pics up for us non-facebookers

more pics you say? ask and ye shall receive.

250327_2217456926060_1536724553_32385111_3687273_n.jpg]engine shot

252047_2217457286069_1536724553_32385113_2483400_n.jpg

263197_2217457566076_1536724553_32385114_962365_n.jpg

263242_2217457886084_1536724553_32385116_4403274_n.jpg

283247_2217456286044_1536724553_32385109_888149_n.jpg

249287_2217458766106_1536724553_32385118_590029_n.jpg

223772_2217471846433_1536724553_32385130_3219487_n.jpg

Diego

Just curious... where did you source those rear seats from?

Diego.

The seats were already in the car when I got it in 2005. This car was built by RRE back in the day for a customer of theirs and I do believe they had them made. It used to have Sparco seats in the front as well.

As a matter of face RRE still has pictures of this car on their website buried away.

old pics of RRE built GVR4

ANY picture there that has the word "brent" in it is my car.

mountaineerjeff

ever get power numbers? or times? and the new color looks much better then the old scheme at rre.

Jeff.

The new color is called 1993 GMC Gunmetal gray and was painted this color around 2001ish as far as I was told.

Since I have owned the car (november of 2005) I have only done a few things to the car and drove it very little until I moved to Spain in 2007. I come home every summer and tune it up, change fluids or whatever needs to be done and then put it back in storage. This is the first time since July of 2007 that I am trying to sell it. The car is garage kept and I do my best to keep it up and in shape when I come home to Houston for my annual visit.

As far as numbers I myself have never put it on a dyno but the owner before me did. It put down about 470ish hp on an awd mustang dyno (so says he) and this was in Dallas Texas.

I'd like to keep this car but I do not see myself moving back to the U.S. for quite some time and the wife and I want to start our family this year so I could really use the cash.

The price of course is O.B.O. so anybody can throw a decent offer at me and I will think about it. I will also work with people who are coming from a greater distance if they want the car. I will work with the price.

mountaineerjeff

as far as me personally, im hoping to have an upcoming refund check for school, and I would rather save the time and headache and just buy a higher end vr4. Ive done the DIY thing and Im not looking to start a new project...

any issues with reliability, for someone like myself its gonna need to make a long drive home. I understand its 20 years old, just saying are there any little issues that could become a problem on a cross country trip?

when are you leaving? I have another meeting on tues. and should hopefully get some more info. theres always the chance that they tell me to screw off, lol, but this is the way I picked up #1630

Jeff.

Well I myself would never drive any kind of tuner car across the country no matter what because they are all prone in their own way to have some little thing go wrong. And of course a highly modded DSM making that trip from Houston to your area in w.v. of all places..... i dunno about that dude, that is quite a haul. Honestly this is not much of a DIY project because most of the performance work has been done already. Well with the exception of my desire to put a 4bolt rear end on it. Only thing needed for this car is some cosmetic work. That is unless you are picky like me and when you get something you go ahead and rebuild it anyway hahaha. That of course is totally understandable. Been there............done that.....

The radiator fan atm is not really working, I have another one off of another car that just sits in storage with another car of mine that I would gladly give to you for free. Even with the fan not working as long as you keep moving it should not run that hot. So more or less do not find yourself in the same situation as me last summer being stuck in bumper to bumper traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Because I am just a paranoid and very cautious person I went ahead and pulled over and waited the traffic out.

Well my jet takes off going back to Spain on Aug 28th. So the sooner the better for both of us. I also am trying to sell another car of mine that also sits in storage so I will be here infront of this damn computer checking updates on sites like this everyday.

-Aaron

mountaineerjeff

believe it or not the market for vr4s isnt very strong here in West By God, so im no stranger to long drives for a mitsu. honestly Id love to put it on a truck and haul it back, but the most economic answer is gonna be for me to get a ticket, and drive her back.

given these cars can take MONTHS to move, what if you dont make your deadline? you could always just give it to me to "watch" while you go to europe, lol.

Well you could do the best of both worlds and fly down to Texas and rent a truck to tow it back. I of course would cut you a better deal vs the normal guy off of the street but I know and understand your circumstances.

My deadline.....well like I said I go back on Aug 28th so anytime before that. If I do not sell it this summer I will just put it back in my parents garage again and then try again next year. However the wife and I are planning to start our little family after I return back to Spain so the extra cash in my pocket and less worries about things 5,000 miles away would be a great strain lifted off of my shoulders.

Also I would love to hear less of my dad saying "damnit I aint got any room in my garage for my own stuff" because it drives me nuts.

If you want Jeff you can call or txt me and we can try to work something out. I'd much rather sell it to somebody who knows about these cars than some normal guy off of the street but at this point money talks and as far as I know babies are not cheap to take care of hahah

-Aaron

mountaineerjeff

it just depends on how you take care of them. cages are pretty cheap, and reusable....as are dumpsters. lol JK. GLWS, Ill keep you updated on what happens as far as my $ goes.

I sent a reply to ya, but no answer from you yet.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Please put the location of the vehicle in the thread title as per the rules.

Thanks, and good luck with the sale.

Launch

I have a fellow DSM guru with a Truck/Trailor that hauls for a living if it would help anyone out Im sure he'd do a small vr4 discount since he was a previous member.
Just fyi, not trying to make money, but figured Id offer the help since its in my backyard(tx)

GSX_TC

Been a long time since I've seen that car, last time I saw it in person was when it was me, you, Leslie, ponch, Dan, and wade, that v8 rx7 and that white 2g GSX. I recorded that whole cruise. I can't believe your finally selling it man. Hope it goes to a good home and doesn't get parted out. GLWS

do you have that video online anywhere?

and yeah.....i really do not want to sell it but i need to sell it. I live 11 months out of the year in Spain. It just takes up space and I do not have the time to finish it up the way i want it so i am letting her go. And most of all the wife and i are starting our little family soon so the extra cash would be great. Even though the dollar to euro ratio sucks.

And there is no way I am parting it out. Even if I had the time to do it I still would not.

-Aaron

GSX_TC

The video is on an old camera, hi8. Still have it though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts