The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 GVR4 534/1000 5k or best offer. Houston, Texas.

well damn. if you ever get a digital copy of it i'd like to see it in one way or another. OH the memories! I remember that night as well. WE all went to an IHOP i think and the food was horribbbbbbbleeeeeee.

1uGlyGalaNt

The previous owner in DFW was my roommate for a while. This car is a beast. Good luck with the sale.

GSX_TC

Yeah I remember that day as if it were yesterday Bevause I watch that video everynow and then, that's back when my 1g was pretty dang stock haha, we all met up at that sams on .i10 and highway 6, then we all cruised out towards Katy. I got a good part of the video where me and your VR4 play a lil haha. Then I destroy that white 2g GSX, then Leslie with that 92 Talon Tsi awd walked on everyone lol

Quoting 1uGlyGalaNt:
The previous owner in DFW was my roommate for a while. This car is a beast. Good luck with the sale.

you talking about Zack? man I have not talked to that kid since 2006 or so. How is he doing?

if you still talk to him let him know the sh*t is up for sale if he wants to buy it back from me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1uGlyGalaNt

I havn't talked to him since 04 or 05. He still had the car the last time I talked to him. We didn't part ways on good terms. I always liked the car though.

Last edited:

Quoting GSX_TC:
Yeah I remember that day as if it were yesterday Bevause I watch that video everynow and then, that's back when my 1g was pretty dang stock haha, we all met up at that sams on .i10 and highway 6, then we all cruised out towards Katy. I got a good part of the video where me and your VR4 play a lil haha. Then I destroy that white 2g GSX, then Leslie with that 92 Talon Tsi awd walked on everyone lol

yeah her car back then that robin built for her was a damn rocket. At that time my car did not have a tune at all but about 2 weeks before I moved to Spain in 07 I had robin put a small tune on the Galant it was a fkn beast once again.

I knew the original owner of the car. He used to have a performance shop. His name slips my mind...

mountaineerjeff

what will it take to get the bumpers on the car? just considering the drive back east.
second question, how long does it take you to get to dallas? any chance you would be heading out of dallas anyway?

GSX_TC

I'd put the stock bumpers on it man, it would look way better. yeah Robin Told me how he tuned it for you. even that time time when we were playing your sh*t still sounded quick and pulled pretty hard. I remember thinking to myself, i know he's faster but i wanna see and hear how it runs haha.

Quoting JBAutosports:
I knew the original owner of the car. He used to have a performance shop. His name slips my mind...

Yes, his name was Brent something or other. He owned a place called Wholehyperformance or something like that. He had RRE do the first build on this car.

Quoting mountaineerjeff:
what will it take to get the bumpers on the car? just considering the drive back east.
second question, how long does it take you to get to dallas? any chance you would be heading out of dallas anyway?

The car never came with stock bumpers. Just these lame ass rice burner evo5 copy bumpers one of which is M.I.A. as listed in the o.p.

I only have the front bumper (6 years later) which is ok because it is supposed to be some kinda uber rare front for this car but it was never my style so I gave s crap less. I had the car for less than a week and I took those things off. However if you were coming down to get it I would put the front back on for you.

Quoting gsx tc:
I'd put the stock bumpers on it man, it would look way better. yeah Robin Told me how he tuned it for you. even that time time when we were playing your sh*t still sounded quick and pulled pretty hard. I remember thinking to myself, i know he's faster but i wanna see and hear how it runs haha.

As stated before It never came with stock bumpers so I'm not going to spend however much on buying them for a car I am trying to sell with what little time I have in the states before I go back to Spain. It runs and drives ok now but since I have the ecu repaired it will need to be tuned again. It gets boost cut at the moment at or round 1 bar. Perhaps if i messed around with it some I could figure it out but without a data logger MEH.

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

have Mike over at F.I.S.T. take a look at it. 832 775 0981

new price. Need it gone fast!

4,6k!

that comes with an extra set of rims and tires (from a 3rd gen eclipse) and a brand new never used walbro 255 fuelpump.

4,4k now

I go back to Spain on the 28th and after that it goes back in storage until next summer IF i come back home to visit.

show some love peeps! and do it quick! I go back to the e.u. on the 28th and this baby goes in storage for another year.

mountaineerjeff

I really wish our timing was a little better. the committee is still out on my check, and we are running out of days quickly.

someone should pick this up on the way to the shootout and bring it to me.

hey Jeff!

So when were they supposed to let you know about that check? what date did they say more or less?

I'd really like you to pick this car up Jeff. After talking to you on the phone I'd say you by far have the most knowledge about these cars than anybody else. I understand that some people see the car and really like it but when they start asking questions and they get an answer that they do not expect being that they do not know much about dsm's so they just shrug it off and I do not hear from them again.

However with people such as yourself and fellow dsm heads we already know it ain't no biggy and can fix it with just time and knowledge. The biggest question.........or better yet assumption I get from people is "can it be a daily driver?" and that makes me bite my thumb. Yes it COULD be a daily driver if a person knows how to work and fix the random little things that pop up on any dsm from time to time. The same thing goes for anybody with a honda/acura/toyota/nissan/mazda as long as they know how to fix the common little things that like to give you trouble from time to time. It is a 20 year old car after all.

I do not mind answering their questions and I help them as best as I can when they contact me. I do not really have a txt msg package on my Texas cell phone being that I only use it 1 month a year so I have racked up over $50 in txt message funds this month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ouch!

I worked at a shop in Dallas called Gotham Racing for a few years and all we did was rx7's and any application with a Rotary Engine. Now you want to talk about fickle cars oh lord! A DSM is nothing compared to an FD when it comes to random sh*t acting up on you as I'm sure most of us know.

mountaineerjeff

^ thanks a lot man, when it comes to something that I am passionate about I do absolutely everything I can to learn as much as possible. But Even I am learning new stuff all the time.

as far as the check...they supposedly starting meeting on tuesday, and I am supposed to be the First to hear about their decision...still no word. I would literally stab someone to be able to drive it to the shootout this year. But I have done everything in my power to get stuff straight, and honestly Im starting to loose hope that Im even gonna have anything more than a maybe, by the time you have to leave.

blacksheep

Yep, Brent at wholesalehyperformance.com - good memory! Mine had failed me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Brent and I tried to a group buy on that body kit on his car for the group here (but on yahoogroups - way back when). It failed miserably...lol

^^^^^^

I talked to him on the phone years and years ago when I worked for a shop in DFW. We would order from him once in awhile but not quite often. He was very happy to hear about his old car ending up in good hands. He actually said that he still had the mold in which that front bumper was crafted and wanted something like 1 grand for it lol.

Sadly the rear bumper is mia. Lost and gone forever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SOLD!

please close thread.

A guy from Mesquite Texas came and picked it up today. Nice dude, very young and eager to learn more about DSM's and I am sure he will do fine. He comes from a v8 background and I wish him the best.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned