GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » Tips on Using CAPS
Previous thread Next thread

Tips on Using CAPS

steve Galant VR4.org Administrator
Key Fob Guy

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 214860 posted 05/05/05 11:51 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Courtesy of iceman69510

Quote:

When I select a quantity of 1 in CAPS, it adds two part numbers to my list.

Quote:

When you see that, it means that the lower number is the new good part number, the old is superceded. See in the heading for that area where it says:
"Part No" and below it says "Repl P/No".

Posts: 18895 | From: NJ | Member Since: 09/11/03 | IP: (208.215.178.150) | Report this post to a Moderator

steve Galant VR4.org Administrator
Key Fob Guy

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 214866 posted 05/05/05 12:07 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Again, courtesy of iceman69510

Quote:

How do you do a reverse lookup in CAPS? (Enter the PN and get a description?)

Quote:

Put the part number in the normal parts field, leaving your cursor there. Move the mouse to the little icon at the top that has the truck, car question mark and the bolt, and click. Locates the section and parts code number for you, or tells you it is not on this disk. The Evo part will not show up in the US caps.

CAUTION: The new superseded parts shown on the second line that we discussed yesterday do not usually show up (Data inquiry not traced) either unless they are used on another model as well.

Posts: 18895 | From: NJ | Member Since: 09/11/03 | IP: (208.215.178.150) | Report this post to a Moderator

Petey G
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 257814 posted 09/14/05 09:50 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Don't know if you guys know this.......on a blank parts screen put a part # in the part # area & hit F8 & it will tell you what vehicle the # fits. Also if you put in the vehicle you are working with, put the part # in the part# area hit F10 & it will tell you what it is (you can also hit enter but it doesn't always work).

Edited by Petey G (09/15/05 01:33 PM)

| | | IP: (65.25.80.69) | Report this post to a Moderator

sleepyvr4
I Hate Kitty Cats

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 328646 posted 04/16/06 11:54 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
another tip that can useful when it comes to the program giving you multiple part numbers - enter your vin # once you start CAPS. It will only show you numbers for your car. If there are multiple numbers, it is because mitsu changed the part numbers over the years.

Posts: 2359 | From: Key West | Member Since: 12/25/03 | IP: (24.154.184.10) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3246

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page