The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Make a datalogger cable

steve

Posted by Yiuwa on 4/30/05

img.php

beaner

I went to RadioShack and was told they didn't have the resistor or diode. Does anyone have a source or a RadioShack part # if they do carry it?

BTW, it says above to use thin wire. A few people on the turbo Colt forum used too thin of wire and the cable would not work. Do not use too thin of wire.

CP

Or just get one here. These are MUCH better quality than anything found on eBay. The garbage I got off eBay didn't even work. This cord is beefy and has lasted a few years in my daily driver. And Greg is a real nice guy that stands behind the products that he sells.

steve

The website linked above for a logger cable is no longer working. This ebay seller is highly recommended:
click

toybreaker

iconoclast
For those that still want to make their own cables, a harness connector that fits the aldl connector is used in a few places on our cars. (most notably the climate control)

This makes connecting/disconnecting the cable a breeze. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you can't find one locally, I have a few of these harness connectors available for those that want to make their own cables.

Cover the shipping, and I'll get one in the mail for you.

The satisfaction of building your own cable is priceless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

misterfixit

The connector on the a/c side of the ac loom under the dash is the correct plug for the diagnostic port.

Made the top diagram, works a treat!

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings