The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM Mirrors

For anyone that wants to wire up JDM power folding mirrors, here's you do it. First you need four relays, a dual momentary switch and at least 7 rolls of different color wires. You will be pairing up the relays and wiring them like this:
OPEN
30 to brown wire on mirror
85 to orange wire on mirror
86 momentary switch
87 12volt positive constant
87a ground
CLOSE
30 to red wire on mirror
85 to green wire on mirror
86 momentary switch
87 12volt positive constant
87a ground
Once you have wired both pairs of relays you can connect the two wires from the open relays that go to the switch and the two from the close relays that go to the switch. Most momentary switches ave three terminals. The open pair of wires go to one side and the close pair of wires goes to the other. The center terminal on the switch gets 12volts positive constant. Doing the wiring like this will make the mirrors one touch open and close.
Jose......

gtluke

old post but it came in handy for me
thanks!

SpyderVR4

Quote:
Hey GTLUKE did you change the glass from the JDM mirrors?
Jose........

probably should it will be angled differently.
I did similar conversion from a Nissan Silvia onto a USDM 240SX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

misterfixit

For info, all jdm mirrors are made the same as lh, rh ones.

Its the little base that bolts the main lump to the door that changes the angle of the thing, just undo the 3 phillips bolts and throw away the jdm bracket, then bolt up ur us lhd braket, then bolt it back on the door.

Hey presto the mirror sits at the right angle!

Rich

thanks to this post it helpt me a lot.
I have made this diagram, if some one are better to look at a diagram then some text. ( I am! )

I have mix the JDM and the europerin mirror to one whit power folding and power heading for when it is cold
Regards
Sigmac

Quoting misterfixit:
For info, all jdm mirrors are made the same as lh, rh ones.

Its the little base that bolts the main lump to the door that changes the angle of the thing, just undo the 3 phillips bolts and throw away the jdm bracket, then bolt up ur us lhd braket, then bolt it back on the door.

Hey presto the mirror sits at the right angle!

Rich

For the countries that drive on the right hand side (like the US) you will need to switch out the jdm mirror glass for your stock ones. This is due to the different aspect ratio from the right hand side of the car vs. the left.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned