The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: W5M31 Transmission

dlesser

Looking for a GGSX tranny. Would love to find one that I can just drop in but I am looking for one to rebuild too.

Anyone have one laying around?

mitsuturbo

Quoting dlesser:
Looking for a GGSX tranny. Would love to find one that I can just drop in but I am looking for one to rebuild too.

Anyone have one laying around?

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for here, but honestly you'd be better off replacing the trans with a W5M33 and matching rear end.

holeshotmoe

Car-Part.com says:
Yard near you has one--
1. 1991 Transmission Mitsubishi Galant
Condition: GOOD Stock # T1212
Call Foreign Used Auto Parts USA-CO(Denver) Request_Quote 1-800-425-0102
= = = = =
2. Here's one from a 1990 ggsx in Indiana with only 68,985 miles for $350
Bill Smith Auto - Bloomington USA-IL(Bloomington) 800-531-4684 / 309-829-1575

dlesser

Thanks for the info from car-part. Not sure what I was doing wrong but it was turning up nothing even when I searched the whole country. Probably just going to swap to the W5M33 and change our the rear diff.

Thanks again!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned