The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: manual steering rack shipped to 68521

wanting to buy a manual steering rack out of a 1g for my gvr4, ive been searching car-parts.com and either people want a redicoulous amount or they are gone by the time i call, please let me know if you have one available thanks.

citymunky

Good luck,, you are better off buying a new or reman one. So far i only found one in the last 2 years of looking.

dansut

I have one in my VR-4 that the PO installed - it is due to be replaced with a reman powered one in the next couple of weeks and will be available.

I never had a problem with it - just doesn't really suit my desires for the car.

Make me an offer and it could be yours.

Cheers
/dan

citymunky

good timing OP

dsm10o0

Whats a fair price for non power steering racks?

dansut

As with everything, things are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them - no more no less.

Rarely do sellers actually set the price... unless they are selling cheaper than market value.

I don't know what these things are worth but I'd like to get a fair price for it to help fund the rest of my build; and acknowledge a simple, smooth, regret free transaction is worth a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jmelocik

When these were a little more readily available they seemed to be going for $225 shipped pretty much anywhere in the Continental U.S. That being said, DANSUT is exactly correct, the selling price is whatever the market will bare. I have two in my garage but I promise you they won't be going as cheap as some people want to pay. Anything less then $225 shipped and I'll just keep them. I've got enough GVR4s to make it worth saving them.

Josh

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts