The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Evo VIII cams/Adjustable Cam Gears/Evo 9 Valve Springs

toybreaker

iconoclast
Got a bit of a project going, and I need a few pieces

Need a set of Evo VIII cams in good condition.

Need a set of Evo 9 beehives/retainers.

Also like to find a set of adjustable cam gears that are drilled for both dsm and evo.

Prefer local, but will take what I can get.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Small change in plans. (edited first post)

Been meaning to change out the valve stem seals, and since a friend up north just offered up a full set of beehives and retainers for this project, I'm diving in a little deeper. (thanks Shane!)

(I will have to replace them, so add a set of Evo 9 beehives and retainers to the list as well.)

I would also like to thank Dynasty LCD for this generous offer;

Quoting DynastyLCD:
if its something you only need for a few weeks or so, maybe i could loan you these for the sake of experimentation? like, pay shipping and borrow them type deal?

this is all assuming you wont break my toys

let me know if that can be of any use to you!

- Phil

That's the kind of cat that makes this board what it is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I will probably end up using them to dial in a few sets of cams in different motors, so I don't want to hold up his project. (after each set is dialed in, I'll remove the adjustables and drill up a set of 1g gears for the particular clocking required by that engine)

I would like to find a set that's drilled in both patterns to simplify things and get an idea of what will be required to dial this cam combo into the vr4.

... and when it's all done, I have a set of hks 272's that will go in the motor everybody has been bugging me to build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif so I will be using both clockings.

So, the list looks like this;

Evo VIII cams

Evo 9 beehives and retainers

Adjustable cam gears drilled in both evo and 1g clockings

Thanks again for looking!

Last edited:

nickbuilt

I have the evo 8 camshafts with about 35,000 miles on them ( mint condition) and I also have the evo 9 beehive oem valve springs and retainers give me 175 shipped for both items !

-nick
1-347-299-6119

P.s. My paypal is [email protected]

Last edited:

citymunky

I can get you a set of skunk2 cam gears for $175.

VR4Scott

I've got evo 8 cams and evo 9 springs and retainers for $80 shipped.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quote:
I've got evo 8 cams and evo 9 springs and retainers for $80 shipped.

Now that's what I'm talking about! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pm inbound.

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned