The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wiring woes!

se3razer

Yeah I'm going to get pics tonight and try and resolve all this marklar

tektic

Quoting se3razer:
Prove it sir you said exactly what I said at the beginning I have built harnesses but going behind someone half way through a job is much more work than starting from scratch. I am messaging with one guy for both harnesses. As for that other guy posting saying one hour I don't think so sir you are way too optimistic/unrealistic. I will get this car straight asap. I'm relentless.

Quoting tektic:
100s of man hours? I think not. First off identity witch connectors have been damaged or swapped. lable all conectors with masking tape lables. LOok for missing pins in the cable you think were swapped. Trace those circuits on the diagram. Sounds like an hour or 2 to me.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood the intent of my statement. When I said it would take all of hour or two, I meant to identify what harness you have and if anything you need is missing.

The only problem you have here is you don't know what you have or if anything is missing. I'll make it as easy as I can for you.

5 easy steps to compare 2 wiring harnesses
[*]Print out both pages of electrical manuals[*]disconnect the 3 or 4 plugs[*] Check the presence of each pin and it's wire color[*] If there is a discrepancy make a note of it[*] Move to the next pin position[*] Go back to step 3 and replete until done

I there are like 25-30 pins total, most of witch will be exactly the same.

img.php

Heres the plugs that go to the body harness. Dsm on the left Galant on the right Galant has one extra plug as far as I remember. Mine was automatic so it had extra wires for the neutral safety switch on one harness making it bigger. In fact the whole ignition circuit is wired differently on my car than the dsm. I don't remember if this was entirely because it was automatic because the starter switch wiring is different on all Galants. Compare the diagrams, trace the differences. half of the interior stuff comes from the other side of the car and doesn't go through this harness. It's been 18 months since I've looked at it but if I had the manual in front of me I could tell you seconds after I turned to the right page.

If you don't want to make what you have work it may be easier to find the part the car was supposed to have in the first place. Up to you. I built my car because it's a big puzzle and takes time and effort to remove every single piece and put it back together exactly the way I want it. I have parts from at least 4 different types of cars grafted on to mine. Just what I like to do.

The last thing I am is optimistic, but I work through my chaos to make order. So what are you relentless at besides complaining?

Last edited:

se3razer

As I have my first one, there is no complaining just trying to square things away but you can be that guy kind sir. I'm not going to measure with you and go back and forth I just have to find my way with this car. I'm not much of a forum jockey I usually keep to myself and make everything work just takes more time and for these specific reasons probably. For the helpful thank you for knowledge I don't yet possess, for the peanut gallery well you know thanks for the warm welcome. I was just trying to get some insight if its been ran into before but that's wrong of me sorry I hope this doesn't sound like complaining... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif don't be that guy

se3razer

I'm gonna snap some photos of this harness on the drivers side and take it from there I'm not here to puff chests or act ridiculous I just want to get this heap on the right track

tektic

ok cool.

No bullshit there's like a total of 4 different wires. Just look at it. It's not a big deal.

se3razer

Here are a couple photos I just took maybe this will give a guy familiar with these what I'm looking at before I dig into these service manuals

se3razer

se3razer

Okay crap sh*t got the manuals out its ass backwards dash harness is stock and the engine harness is the one that was swapped

se3razer

A couple nights work, 3 harnesses and a couple new castle turned into a proper engine harness. Big sigh of relief just have to finish with proper loom and mounting then the coolant temp sensor connector none of my harnesses had them, they all were spade connectors.

se3razer

tektic

Looks good from this end. Where you able to determine if there was anything missing or needed to use the dsm engine plugs with the Galant Interior plugs?

se3razer

I was having trouble tracing through the one big white plug that goes into the dash and it was just for the cluster the cel, water temp tach and all. So it was a big cluster of worry for nothing just didn't have a proper harness to trace off of. But I have power and in the works of making a manifold for the turbo and cold side.

se3razer

This looks to be progress, was stuck doing remedial work due to rain delays so I tore the cluster apart and sanded the green off the backside and install led lights to replace the incandescent guys. Not perfect and needs are dim didn't have the proper paint for them but all in all I'm okay with it. Would much rather see it fire up though damn you mother nature!!!

se3razer

After two and a half years, countless late nights and frustration after frustration I am two fuel lines away from 145 living again. Took some time off due to an evo build I acquired last year. I should have kept up with my build but I have never been a big forum guy and documenting. Regretful yes but it's all good. Completely redid my harness and while I was letting my gas tank air out after the seal job a scrapper took it! Sitting in my driveway I went to get a sandwich and when I came out it was gone. FML. Cheapest fix was using the fuel cell and -10, -8 line I had sitting around. Not what I wanted but money talks. Hopefully by next week I will hear it run for the first time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned